Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What is this CASE worth?

A guy on eBay has a sealed case of 2000 SP football for $4,199 + $50 S/H... A few weeks back I see boxes in the completed for $250, which is $3,000 a case. Since they beat the Colts, I see a box or two selling in the $275-300 range. What does a sealed case add to the equation? Especially since the boxes are also sealed again... I want to make ab offer but I don't know what is fair market value. Anyone?

Comments

• PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    What does a team beating the Colts have to do with it?
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    I think there is a premium for a sealed case so no chance a Brady auto pulled already

• << <i>What does a team beating the Colts have to do with it? >>

Because after they beat the Indianapolis High Colts, Brady's card took a huge jump...
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What does a sealed case add to the equation? >>

For my personal unopened purchasing, zero. I would actually expect a discount for purchasing in bulk, since most of my unopened purchases are ripped rather shortly thereafter. Most unopened collectors will say 10-15%, maybe a touch more depending on rarity of the case.

I would expect pricing to come back down to prior levels within a month after the SB. Brady's already priced as a HOFer and I don't see what difference one more ring would make, if they even win.
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A guy on eBay has a sealed case of 2000 SP football for $4,199 + $50 S/H... A few weeks back I see boxes in the completed for $250, which is $3,000 a case. Since they beat the Colts, I see a box or two selling in the $275-300 range. What does a sealed case add to the equation? Especially since the boxes are also sealed again... I want to make ab offer but I don't know what is fair market value. Anyone? >>

Worst time to buy.... Wait till June and pick it up a lot cheaper. Also same advice I gave on Jeremy Lin about this time of year 2011.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    As much as I hate Brady, we cannot be comparing Brady with Lin
  • tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think there is a premium for a sealed case so no chance a Brady auto pulled already >>

Brady just has a rookie card in the sp authentic. No auto. If that's what case he is talking about.
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    A GEM MINT Brady might pay for just over half the cost of the case and there really isn't much else to look for.
  • Just make sure the packs are inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 psi before making a purchase.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As much as I hate Brady, we cannot be comparing Brady with Lin >>

Good point Lin was hotter in 2011 because he played in a much better market than Brady.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies