Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pogue at Long Beach

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't happen today so I had to be satisfied with talking with the man himself. And then looking at the highlights on the new website prepared just for this collection. Will be ordering the book with 100 highlights of the collection

Pogue Website

Fantastic Book

Comments

• Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDN - saw the website, got the both books and saw the coins at FUN and Sotheby's in nyc! Awesome coins - the best of the best! Please make it a point to see these coins.
    Easton Collection
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones available at FUN were a treat to see. Looking forward to lot preview and the book.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's dazzling

Either you or legend will want them all

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the book done, and ready to ship?
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDN:

This is the second book you've touted that I have to buy. Are you getting a commission or something? image

Maybe you need to suggest to Laura that she write a book. That would be an interesting read ... for more reasons than one!
    Mark

• Options

<< <i>Is the book done, and ready to ship? >>

There was a copy @ Sotheby's. Had I not been in a rush to go, I might have remembered to ask

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are they going to be on display at the Spring ANA?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never forget Boiler78 and I running into TDN and Pogue a number of years ago at a show table.

There were rare coins everywhere - it was shocking to be handed an 1804 dollar or ex. Garrett proof 1827 25c like they were sample slabs. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys make the hobby fun. But it sure is a lofty place up there . Kinda scary.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakesammman:

I figure if I ever ran into you at a coin show, I would be handed sample slabs as if they like an 1804 dollar or ex. Garrett proof 1827 25c.

Mark

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good crowd jostling for position to see the coins yesterday afternoon, with some lady shoving me out of the way saying she wanted to see the 1804 Dollar.

I personally liked the Chain and Wreath pair in RB.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping for a special deal on the second book like they offered on the 1822 book.

For those who want to actually look at the 1822 book, they have a copy online (they also have a copy of the second book, but it only includes the first few pages)

Link to site about Pogue collection

Link to virtual copy of 1822 book
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

<< <i>I'll never forget Boiler78 and I running into TDN and Pogue a number of years ago at a show table.

There were rare coins everywhere - it was shocking to be handed an 1804 dollar or ex. Garrett proof 1827 25c like they were sample slabs. image >>

TDN had you already seen most or all of these?

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty good crowd jostling for position to see the coins yesterday afternoon, with some lady shoving me out of the way saying she wanted to see the 1804 Dollar.

I personally liked the Chain and Wreath pair in RB. >>

Oh so they finally showed up? Grrrrrr
  • Options
    considering you and legend will likely be in the bidding on a least a few of these, I do not think it improper to ask for an after show viewing appointment

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The collection was started in the 1970s by D. Brent Pogue with the active participation and encouragement of his father, Dallas real estate developer A. Mack Pogue. >>

Lucky effin kid.
    My old man thought I was crazy to be buying BU morgans for 3 bucks, and P/Ls for 5. And all them silly old type coins. FOOLISH was what he said. image
  • Options
    AblinkyAblinky Posts: 625 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post, I will be sure to add these references to my library.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The collection was started in the 1970s by D. Brent Pogue with the active participation and encouragement of his father, Dallas real estate developer A. Mack Pogue. >>

Lucky effin kid.
    My old man thought I was crazy to be buying BU morgans for 3 bucks, and P/Ls for 5. And all them silly old type coins. FOOLISH was what he said. image >>

he was right, but for the wrong reason. You sold them all and way too cheaply
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh so they finally showed up? Grrrrrr

TDN - They're toying with you. Same as when they decided not to put any early dollars in the first sale. When they finally put the coins in front of you, you'll be putty in their hands.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac Pogue is a coin collector.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Lucky effin kid.
    My old man thought I was crazy to be buying BU morgans for 3 bucks, and P/Ls for 5. And all them silly old type coins. FOOLISH was what he said. image >>

he was right, but for the wrong reason. You sold them all and way too cheaply >>

But none for a loss and they were exchanged for gold at 250-265 and silver from 4.20 -7.00 so not all bad. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Lucky effin kid.

he was right, but for the wrong reason. You sold them all and way too cheaply >>

But none for a loss and they were exchanged for gold at 250-265 and silver from 4.20 -7.00 so not all bad. image >>

but silver is evil, no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file