Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1982 Gold Panda Long Leaf question

I just had a 1982 1/4 Gold Panda graded by PCGS and they listed it as "Long Leaf Variety"

I have never heard of this variety before.

My question is the Long Leaf Variety more common,,,, less common and is there any premium for the Long Leaf Variety?

Thanks, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had temporary access to the China Pricepedia (a rather exhaustive compilation of prices of the recently sold at multiple venues, including international). PCGS is not mentioned, prices are either for OMP or NGC coins. It's a little hard to sum up, but a long leaf variety was sold on eBay in Feb 2014 for $1200 in a 69 slab. The other two 69s were Aug/Sept sales, in China, and were $682, $706. I don't know if it was eBay vs. China, Feb vs. Aug/Sept or if it was Long Leaf vs. not.

It might be worth checking the gold price for a significant differential for those time periods, and with the other sales I quick scanned, it does not appear that the eBay prices normally deviate that much.

IIRC the NGC price guide licenses this source for info, but doesn't note varieties for the coin.

That's all I've got.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep us posted when you find
    out !!! image
    Timbuk3