Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sked Question

Hey guys,

I thought I'd read on here somewhere that PSA won't grade pocket schedules (college or pro issue) and I've not found any while searching the pop report. Does anyone know if they'll at least slab them as AUTHENTIC?

I'm curious because I've got some older college schedules with NFL HOFers on them.
Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings

Comments

• I know that BGS will grade them, but I'd rather stick with PSA if possible.

Any ideas?
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    To responsibly grade and slab them as authentic means you would need to have some type of schedule expert on staff. You would need somebody with access to guides and catalogs on pocket schedules, and who knows all the ins and outs on the tricks and scams in pocket schedule collecting. Otherwise you're just assuming that whatever people send you is what it says it is on the front of the pocket schedule and you're just taking their money to put it in a plastic holder. There would be no need or interest in any type of grading or plasticizing service from the pocket schedule collecting segment of the sports collectibles hobby. There would only be very minor interest from a few traditional "card collectors" who don't mind throwing out $10 to get a few favorite players sealed up in a fancy holders like their other cards.
  • So you're saying that if I do indeed want them slabbed then PSA is out as an option, yeah?

Is BGS my only choice or do you know if SGC slabs skeds too?
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings