Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

kittlecoins.com - January 2015 Long Beach Expo Virtual Bourse - Visit Table #448 at Long Beach by op

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 18, 2016 2:37AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Not long ago, I saw a thread where someone mentioned that they wished the large coin shows would post a "virtual bourse"
so that those who could not physically attend the coin show could still get the experience and see the show.

I thought it would be fun to take pics of my coins at Long Beach this week so that those of you who can't come and visit us
at Table #448 this week could still see them. I have many coins that just haven't made it to my website or eBay that I
bring to the shows, so this also might help me sell some items that you may not have known I had for sale.

This is just an experiment so not sure how it'll work. I had to make the photos very large so that you could see the coins
and prices, sorry you will likely have to scroll the page to see them. The large photos also make the file sizes very large
so it make take a minute to fully load. Also, since I was taking quick shots of dozens of coins at once with my camera, not
all coins are lit well and not all of the pics show the beautifully toned coins well.

Hope some of you who can't attend the Long Beach show like seeing the coins this way image Let me know what you think...
and of course let me know if you're interested in anything. Would be happy to provide better photos of any of the coins
as well.

Thanks again for looking image

Mike
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    That was cool, Mike! Very fun....Mahalo! And have a good show.....
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1923 10,000 Mark Notgelt reminds me of a song by M.C. Hammer titled "You Can't Prong This!" image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice selection. Thanks for the tour. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    I liked seeing the 1909 mint set this way.
    David
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Have a close up of the Marilyn carved coin?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Those puzzle coins are cool!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the nice comments here and via PM image

Show was very busy today. Sold several and bought many more. Here's a pic of some of the new purchases from today, sorry the pic is so bad, looked fine on my phone, but now that I'm home I can see it's not very clear and it shows absolutely none of the color of the coins... will certainly have much better pics in the days to come if they don't sell at the show:

<< <i>That 1923 10,000 Mark Notgelt reminds me of a song by M.C. Hammer titled "You Can't Prong This!" >>

Yeah, there is zero room to spare. I've seen PCGS put that exact same issue into the larger size holders and they do "prong it" there image

<< <i>Have a close up of the Marilyn carved coin? >>

Not handy... will try to get a shot while at the show tomorrow. If that doesn't work out I can get one early next week.

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    I like what you did with the pics of your cases. Wish more would do it for the folks that can't make the show.
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Saved me a flight to Long Beach!
    BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for letting me see your table!
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Have a close up of the Marilyn carved coin? >>

Not handy... will try to get a shot while at the show tomorrow. If that doesn't work out I can get one early next week. >>

Here's a closer pic, but it came out very flat and doesn't show the depth well. The one of The Dude from The Big Lebowski really pops off the coin and has a nice 3D look. The Marilyn coin isn't quite as deep, but still looked pretty neat. The Marilyn coin ended up selling at the show yesterday...

The show was pretty good yesterday... lots of selling, some buying, saw lots of forum members again and had lots of fun. Didn't get a shot of the Friday new purchases, but got a few decent 1909 Lincolns, some nice 1/4oz. gold eagles with pretty toning, a few new books for the library and bought one of the gold US Marshalls coins from the Mint booth.

Today is the YN Treasure Trivia Hunt at the show so that is always fun as we get 75-100 kids at our table to answer our trivia question and we give them all free coins image

Thanks again for all of the nice comments too image

• Options
    Last day of the show was today... not as much buying or selling as the other days, but we had lots of traffic at our table with the YN treasure trivia hunt. Seemed like more kids participated than at the last show. Was a great time and already can't wait for the next show in June image

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Drat! How much was Marilyn?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like The Dude a lot... What is the reflection in his sunglasses image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

<< <i>I really like The Dude a lot... What is the reflection in his sunglasses image >>

It's his rug, man. It really tied the room together... image

From one of the movie posters...

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like what you did with the pics of your cases. Wish more would do it for the folks that can't make the show. >>

+1 -- I hope this catches on and we have a virtual coin show.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Wish more would do this. PM sent.
    Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I like what you did with the pics of your cases. Wish more would do it for the folks that can't make the show. >>

+1 -- I hope this catches on and we have a virtual coin show. >>

<< <i>Awesome! Wish more would do this. PM sent. >>

Yeah, that would be fun for those that can't make the show... too bad I couldn't get better pics. Very difficult to properly light a bunch of coins in one shot! In some of the pics there are some really nicely toned coins that just look dark and ugly, oh well. Better than no pics it seems image