Home Precious Metals

Someone or Someones just took the 30 year to an all time low yield

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Heavy heavy heavy buying about an hour ago...............MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    2.29% on the 30, thats just crazy
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Going to be very interesting to see if it follows through tomorrow. The US still has a higher yield than most other "developed" nations and a stronger currency, so who knows?
    I have to admit I'm looking for a trade here, but as always, cheap can get cheaper.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see how long the worlds central banks, debt buying binge holds rates down to these dramatic levels. Not sure how a 2.39% long bond offers more stimulus than a 3%.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Punish the savers
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

<< <i>Punish the savers >>

The American way!!!
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good link.
    And as the dollar soars, so does the real yield on bonds denominated in dollars. That may not surprise everyone, but few can support a claim of predicting this a few years ago.

cohodk can

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as the dollar soars, so does the real yield on bonds denominated in dollars. That may not surprise everyone, but few can support a claim of predicting this a few years ago.
    cohodk can

It's always been about bonds. I wonder what these 1%ers from around the world are going to do when the US debt load requires a few more $trillion be created as more and more of our unfunded liabilities kick in?

Positive yield is one thing. Real interest rates are something else. Gold is rising in every one of these countries in which the currency is crashing. Don't think that the dollar is going to be immune from the currency wars.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's always been about bonds. >>

Since 2007 at least, it's always been about debt of all kinds and leverage in derivatives.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Lows holding so far, was it enough of a blow off? Volume was OK, nothing spectacular.

<< <i>Lows holding so far, was it enough of a blow off? Volume was OK, nothing spectacular. >>

Better if we could return to an open market on debt instruments.

<< <i>

Better if we could return to an open market on debt instruments. >>

?

<< <i>

<< <i>

Better if we could return to an open market on debt instruments. >>

? >>

Though all are free to trade, the prices are hugely influenced by coordinated international central bank buying. 60,000,000,000 euro per month is the current figure. Not sure if Japan is still in the game but theirs and the US purchases were in the same range.

Germans 10 years are now at about .30 percent. Risky Italian and Spanish bonds are under 2%.

Greece banks got hammered the other day as a default is on the horizon. Banks hold substantial positions on sovereign debt.

Canary in the coal mine? Quite likely
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's those Feds keeping interest rates low so grey haired folk can't get a a return on their cd's and money market funds.

Damn Feds.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

<< <i>It's those Feds keeping interest rates low so grey haired folk can't get a a return on their cd's and money market funds.

Damn Feds. >>

Collusion is wonderful, especially for the Wall Street slime. And when the party busts, we can all get our checkbooks handy.....again!
    dang interwebs
    What happened to long rates after the Fed quit making monthly purchases?
    There are many players other than the Fed involved in the Bond market and believe it or not, as whole they decide what long term rates will be, much more than the fed.
    If Foreign governments, International buyers, hedge funds and the deep pockets decide to buy or sell long bonds, there is not much the Fed can do in limiting the effect on rates.
    This is nothing new.

<< <i>What happened to long rates after the Fed quit making monthly purchases?
    There are many players other than the Fed involved in the Bond market and believe it or not, as whole they decide what long term rates will be, much more than the fed.
    If Foreign governments, International buyers, hedge funds and the deep pockets decide to buy or sell long bonds, there is not much the Fed can do in limiting the effect on rates.
    This is nothing new. >>

Please reread my response.

"""Though all are free to trade, the prices are hugely influenced by coordinated international central bank buying. 60,000,000,000 euro per month is the current figure. Not sure if Japan is still in the game but theirs and the US purchases were in the same range."""

Deuce and a quarter now.

Speaks well of global economic strength.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a Fixed annuity seminar last nite.
    Any of these insurers go in the toilet and fail to pay out?
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

• << <i>

<< <i>Punish the savers >>

The American way!!! >>

The far right conspiracy theory view.
    Positive BST transactions with Timbuk3, coindeuce, charlottedude.