Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm here so I don't get fined.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Any questions?

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    My feelings are still hurt and I'm STILL awaiting my apology. Even though we're big boys, and paid millions, I don't want mean things said about anyone in my organization.

Got it, bub?!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    TIME!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My feelings are still hurt and I'm STILL awaiting my apology. Even though we're big boys, and paid millions, I don't want mean things said about anyone in my organization.

Got it, bub?! >>

Seriously I found the owner's comments to be so ridiculous. Like the police should also apologize after an investigation!? Get real Kraft!
  • Options
    DING!!!

4 minutes and 51 seconds have been exceeded.

No more questions.

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    At the very least, Marshawn Lynch is being unprofessional. At most, he's being very selfish.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the very least, Marshawn Lynch is being unprofessional. At most, he's being very selfish.

Jason >>

I think he is being an idiot. He is in his prime and talks about walking away? Tell ya what if you hate your job that much just quit. I know the guy is charitable and helps kids which is great but Geezuz I think anyone in his position that acts the way he does is just ungrateful.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony is that he is likely to be fined anyway for wearing a beast mode hat, lol.

You cant suck it up for 5 minutes to answer a few questions even with pat answers when you're making how many millions of dollars a year? He comes off as an idiotic clown, no matter how good he is.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care how he comes across, since all I care about is the "sporting aspect" of sports. Be stubborn, be a jerk, tell jokes, wear a costume, I don't care. Give 100% on the field is what matters, that's why I'm a sports fan. All this tangential stuff is where so-called sports writers want to make a living these days. No thanks. Give me a story about s-p-o-r-t-s!

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Marshawn --- so authentic, so original --- he does his 'talking' on the field.

Go ahead, fine him, NFL; I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it. image

Go BEAST!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I love Marshawn --- so authentic, so original >>

I don't know about original...

Russell Westbrook: "Good execution."

Rasheed Wallace: "Both teams played hard."
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Just wondering, for whomever is in-the-know.... Would Marshawn Lynch be considered "black enough"?? The phrase always puzzled me. Oh well...skip it
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't care how he comes across, since all I care about is the "sporting aspect" of sports. Be stubborn, be a jerk, tell jokes, wear a costume, I don't care. Give 100% on the field is what matters, that's why I'm a sports fan. All this tangential stuff is where so-called sports writers want to make a living these days. No thanks. Give me a story about s-p-o-r-t-s! >>

+1

I could care less if Beast Mode answers questions or not. The guy plays hard and that is what I enjoy. Give me that guy any day over the player who answers all questions yet only plays hard some of the time.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    we know why he's here. there. wherever. image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    He kind of looks (and acted) like the beast from Predator.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>I don't care how he comes across, since all I care about is the "sporting aspect" of sports. Be stubborn, be a jerk, tell jokes, wear a costume, I don't care. Give 100% on the field is what matters, that's why I'm a sports fan. All this tangential stuff is where so-called sports writers want to make a living these days. No thanks. Give me a story about s-p-o-r-t-s! >>

Well done, Barndog. Super Bowl would be better played with a 7 day break than the 14. To much down time, talking heads get restless.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I'm a Pats fan I liked this guy and after seeing these interviews I now like him even more image

Most of these sports reporters are annoying idiots and I can see how it would get old.

He seems pretty focused on the game and that worries me a littleimage

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Although I'm a Pats fan I liked this guy and after seeing these interviews I now like him even more image

Most of these sports reporters are annoying idiots and I can see how it would get old.

He seems pretty focused on the game and that worries me a littleimage >>

Most of them are indeed self-serving clowns. Especially the guy that wants a boycott on Skittles because Marshawn won't answer all his questions.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seattle players are being much more entertaining than pats players. I'm loving Sherman speculating on Deflate-gate too.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these sports reporters are annoying idiots...

Understatement of the year!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    My take on the media covering Lynch. I covered his podium three straight days and it by far had the most cameras/reporters waiting for him. Being from Seattle I know that Marshawn was going to be like this but I feel many around me covering him didn't. Lots of upset reporters during and after every session, I heard, what an idoit, he's selfish, making a joke out of the whole interview process. He's one of those guys that comes along and goes by things his own way and his way isn't the way it "should be" for most but this is who he is and he's never changing. I understand the frustration of people trying to get enough info to turn a story but by day three folks it ain't going to happen. It all gets tiring by the end of the week even things said by Brady, Wilson, Sherman, etc. Thank God it's over and we can move onto the game. Can you tell I'm tired? LOL. Doug
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony of the whole thing is that it takes more effort on his part to act this way than it would be if he just answered a few questions, but I'm beginning to think that he actually likes all the attention he's getting. The attention he gets putting on this charade probably sells him X number more Beast Mode caps...it's all about the money.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think it's awesome

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25