Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How bad does the OC effect a card like this ?

Scan not the best but 9's are crazy high.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two grade drop for registry purposes, so I would expect it to go for a bit more than a 7.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Without the "O/C" - $1,700.00

With the O/C - $100.00 - $150.00
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I can speak from first hand experience that some 9oc cards can be cracked or resubed for a straight 8, when psa first started grading they wanted centering to be their main focus as far as grade and reflect that in our market. So very often if you had your card graded with out adding no qualifiers on you paper work it came back oc on the flip. Then middle to late on they put in writing about how some graders see brilliant virtues on some cards and if the card is oc it may warrant a grade without a qualifier. Basically if a card has a 10 surface with deep perfect color has perfect factory edges with sharp corners and centered it be graded a 10 , now take away the perfect centering add oc not 10 any more but still a beautiful card and in many cases gets a 9oc they deemed the 9 oc grade better than an 8 at that time , I've seen many 8s that presented horribly but we're dead centered . I prefer the 9 oc every time so do the graders , check the pop reports psa 9ocs are few and far in between compared to 8s, I believe that collectors need to reevaluate as psa graders have and as the saying goes buy the card not the holder.
  • Options
    I like 9(oc) since you are getting a mint card for way less than without the qualifier.
    Depends what you can live with - I always looked for four sharp corners when collecting as kid and ignored centering.
    That's probably because OPC hockey was pretty much all off centered.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I would be happy with it.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I love the 59 Maris. You could cut yourself on those corners.

"Molon Labe"