Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is anyone else having delays with USPS?

I've been getting quite a few request from buyers asking where their package is. I checked the USPS site and scanning hasn't showed up in 2 days since I dropped it off. I then checked some other packages and noticed a 2-4 lag before the scanning starts. Packaged shipped out on Jan 16 are just out for delivery on Jan 28th.

Is this just the SoCal USPS?
Mike

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I've got a package that has been "in transit" since Dec 19th. I've contacted the Post Office directly twice and they still haven't found it. Luckily it was only a $20 item.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any issues with packages out of Phoenix, but do have one I'm expecting from SoCal that has no tracking updates yet and according to the seller was shipped 1/26.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most of us in LA and the Valleys, the Santa Clarita Post Office is the regional center where all the package go to get sorted. That has to be the source of the delay. After it hits that center, the package moves on a normal schedule.
    Mike
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not related, but the USPS was closed in the NYC metro area for the past two days due to snowstorm.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it drizzled here yesterday. the junk mail still made it in time, though. image

pretty sure delays are somehow tied to the snowstorm.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't noticed any issues with packages out of Phoenix, but do have one I'm expecting from SoCal that has no tracking updates yet and according to the seller was shipped 1/26. >>

Update: Package arrived from SoCal (LA area) today without ever being scanned. It still shows as "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I mailed a package Jan 3rd, from Tennessee to Alaska.....got to the distribution center in Anchorage in 3 days, but hasnt shown up since, had to resend a duplicate item to replace it. USPS has become full of incompetent people recently, probably not all their fault, but packages being lost, not delivered, stolen, destroyed, misshipped is starting to become more common as the price for postage has increased

Edited to add: A more reasonable insurance cost would help in these situations as well. Perhaps 1% of the value instead of a flat $2.10 per hundred or whatever it is now. I wouldnt have an issue with paying 15 cents to insure a $15 item, but paying $2.10 to do it pretty much makes shipping unreasonable for the buyer and seller
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I bought two cards, one in November and December and both are still in transit. I've already received refund on both.

Haven't been too happy with usps lately lol.
  • Options

<< <i>I bought two cards, one in November and December and both are still in transit. I've already received refund on both.

Haven't been too happy with usps lately lol. >>

As a seller I have issued small refunds for the same reason. I'm sure that the cards will show up eventually. Hopefully this is a temporary issue.
    Mike
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a package leave a processing center in Pennsylvania and an didn't show any movement for 10 or 11 days. I emailed the seller and he shipped another one. The first package arrived the same day as the second one. I paid the seller for the second one and kept it.
    James
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I bought two cards, one in November and December and both are still in transit. I've already received refund on both.

Haven't been too happy with usps lately lol. >>

As a seller I have issued small refunds for the same reason. I'm sure that the cards will show up eventually. Hopefully this is a temporary issue. >>

I hope you're right but my skeptical nature tells me Ill never see the cards again. IF the cards do show up I will send the money back to the sellers.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Mailed a package on 12/30...it shoed it left the Nashua NH Hub on 12/31.
    Arrived in Texas on 1/24.

Luckily the buyer was in no hurry.
  • Options
    The only problems I've had was a package leaving both opa locka Florida and kearny New Jersey. Both of those said processed through but didn't arrive for another 6 days. Not sure why those have been a pain for me. Opa locka more than once. Who knows. I eventually received both so it wasn't that bad
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    Had a package that sent back east that spent two days after arriving at the main USPS hub before moving on again. Why?!!!!!
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    yes from texas
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    bsavagebsavage Posts: 204 ✭✭
    I have seen about a 400% increase this month in opened cases asking where their package is. Every time it has been stuck in the Dallas hub for about 10 days. If this keeps going, I will loose my top rated status because of it.
  • Options

<< <i>I have seen about a 400% increase this month in opened cases asking where their package is. Every time it has been stuck in the Dallas hub for about 10 days. If this keeps going, I will loose my top rated status because of it. >>

Yup that has already happened to me.

I moved to FedEx for boxes. The boxes I sell are on the more expensive side and I just don't trust the USPS right now. FedEx Ground is pretty competitive for most boxes.
    Mike
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just mailed a USPS 1 day express packaged from Texas guaranteed to be at PSA yesterday. And I just checked the tracking and it wasn't delivered and only shows it left my city hub.
    Soooo now I'm nervous.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I sent a card to a board member that lives in IA. It took the scenic route going from Chicago to Portland OR first.

If I don't go right up to the counter and ask them to scan my package in, it seems the package will sit in my post office for another day.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    WOW yes 2 days to go EIGHT miles

DATE & TIME
    STATUS OF ITEM
    January 29, 2015 , 5:36 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
    Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 on January 29, 2015 at 5:36 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

January 27, 2015 , 5:52 pm
    Departed Post Office
    BELLAIRE, TX 77401

January 27, 2015 , 10:23 am
    Acceptance
    BELLAIRE, TX 77401
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1 day express package was mailed this Tuesday and was delivered today Friday.
    1 day guaranteed.
    Happy it got there though, but that was a bit scary of a feeling watching it go nowhere for 2 days.