Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1974 Wholesale Cards Price List

I don't post many messages on this forum, however, here's something that I'm hoping some of you will get a kick out of...way back in 1974, when I was a pre-pubescent twelve-year old, and just starting to get into card-collecting, I composed and mailed a letter off to Topps, asking if I could purchase sportscards directly from them. They responded by sending me a list of card shops that I could contact, one of which was Wholesale Cards out of Georgetown, CT. Needless to say, and at the pre-pubescent age of twelve, my income was pretty insignificant, and trying to convince my mom & dad to plop down $14.90 for a complete 660-card set of 1973 Topps baseball, wasn't "in the cards" (pun intended). So, after forty-plus years, take a look at what a twenty-dollar bill (or less) could get 'ya back in the day...

imageimage

*my apologies if my pictures don't post, or if they do, that they're too small to read (any picture-posting tips would be appreciated)!

Comments

• blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.

....at least you got a response. I mailed them a letter, probably 82' or 83' asking them if there was any possibility to buy anything they may have left over from previous years......and no response. image
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
    Very nice!

....at least you got a response. I mailed them a letter, probably 82' or 83' asking them if there was any possibility to buy anything they may have left over from previous years......and no response. image
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    Very nice!

Skips PSA Exchange

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set