Home Sports Talk
Options

Golf Tournament Live

I am not a huge golfer but in Hawaii this past week decided to check out the Sony Open on one of the opening rounds. My wife and I both had a fabulous time. Met one of the player's wives and ended up going back on Saturday and following her husband (Pat Perez). Really a good time walking the course, beautiful sun, drinking a beer, etc.... I have been to a few tournies in my life. Not a bad way to spend a day. See some nuances you don't see on TV... like the players that smoke for instance. Lol. Anybody else go to the events live?

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Man, roaming a golf course in Hawaii with an inside connection to the game.

Life does not get any better than that.

Been tempted to go to the Tucson Tourny each Winter, but the match play format is not a plus.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I go to a local Senior Tour event every year.
    Arrive before the first tee and stay until after the awards.

Get to interact with some of the greats of the game, walk the course, drink beer, eat food........

We always have such a blast.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>who said golf is a non-contact sport?

image >>

I heard he was cheating on his old lady and faked the whole thing because he was about to get busted.

Where were you last night Robert?? I don't remember dear they hit me pretty hard.

Tiger couldn't use the same ploy . Well he would have but it wouldn't work if you did it 47 times
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard he was cheating on his old lady and faked the whole thing because he was about to get busted. >>

His mentor, Tiger did not fare much better, getting a tooth knocked out in Italy.

Probably safer if he stayed with Elin.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah. fakery. haha.

Tiger was actually in an elevator with Ray Rice.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the LA Open at Riviera in the mid 1970s. It was a great experience. I was able to see several great players. If I recall correctly, Gene Littler was runner up and was well into his 40s then. On the first hole which is (or was at that time) about a 500 par 5, I recall Lee Trevino hitting a three wood about 3-4 feet from the pin and eagled the hole.

Golf is just under appreciated as a spectator sport

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>like the players that smoke for instance. Lol. >>

Link