Home Sports Talk
Options

Vince Wilfork......good work!

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Text

The incident occurred shortly after the Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts for the AFC title and a trip to the Super Bowl. Massachusetts State Police say they responded to reports of a car accident on Route 1 near Foxborough early Monday morning and found the all-star player already on the scene. Wilfork was trying to help the driver of a Jeep Wrangler escape her car after it rolled over near Gillette Stadium.

Mary Ellen Brooks, 38, was stuck in the vehicle, until Trooper Kenneth Proulx was able to hold the Jeep door open while Wilfork reached in and lifted her out with one strong hand. Once Brooks was free and Wilfork was certain he couldn’t be of further assistance, he left the scene.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear! The truth is that the majority of NFL players are closer in temperament and behavior to Wilfork than Ray Rice, but stories like these never gain much attention from the media and are not sacndalous enough to report.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to Big Vince, I heard about this today on the radio and it was very nice to hear.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I didn't read the link but..

Update...I heard on espn today..the driver was immediately taken away for DUI..glad Vince didn't become hurt, disabled etc helping a criminal.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't read the link but..

Update...I heard on espn today..the driver was immediately taken away for DUI..glad Vince didn't become hurt, disabled etc helping a criminal. >>

Accident may have not been her fault. Parking attendant at Gillette may have let the air out of her tires. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I didn't read the link but..

Update...I heard on espn today..the driver was immediately taken away for DUI..glad Vince didn't become hurt, disabled etc helping a criminal. >>

Accident may have not been her fault. Parking attendant at Gillette may have let the air out of her tires. image >>

And The Pats should forfeit the Super Bowl because of it right?
  • Options

<< <i>And The Pats should forfeit the Super Bowl because of it right? >>

....glad the beers were $9 or she really would have been blotto.