Home Sports Talk
Options

Scherzer to Washington

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nationals paying most of it deferred. Good financial move on their part. FIFTY MILLION signing bonus is part of the seven year contract for $210 million. Scherzer would get $15 million salary annually for fourteen years. Creative.

Glad he is out of the AL image

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Damn, he will make almost as much as the congressmen and senators. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Wow, nice rotation in DC!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Wow! I just checked the Nats SP's. They have Stras, Zim, Gio, Fister, Roark and now Scherzer. Geez...

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Capitol's reprise of the Orioles rotation from the 1970s!

Mets, even with Harvey back, will have their work cut out for them!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and thanks for the memories.

P.S. Thank goodness the Tigers didn't sign him.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good luck and thanks for the memories.

P.S. Thank goodness the Tigers didn't sign him. >>

I feel the same way.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Scherzer is 30.

He should give the Nats 2-3 great years before he fizzles out and the deal looks bad for Wash

Scerzer will be lying on a beach somewhere the last 5 years of his contract collecting his 15 mil/yr.
    Capecards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Washington will be unloading any of their other pitchers, any one of them would look good in a Sox uniform
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Stupid money..... and after 7yrs they are paying for nothing? Not to be a Nats basher (my fave team in the NL!!), but aside from having the balls-out best rotation, will they score enough runs to win??? I don't see much in their lineup that will take them further than an ALDS. Gutsy move, but Scherzer will average 13-9/3.80/170K/80BB/1.3WHIP over the next 7yrs. Remember, he had his first and only CG last year and averaged 6 2/3IP per start. Glad the Tigers are focused more on Price.... All that said, my dream is of a Tigers/Nats WS!!!!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Until the Nats win, all of this is just noise. The rotation does look imposing especially for 162 games......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next Bobby Bonilla contract...
    Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is also 53-13 in his last 66 decisions. The trend is his friend.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny because Washington is so committed to spending huge money in hopes of putting together a winner but arguably their best shot was three years ago and before the playoffs even started they shut Strasburg down image
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Strasburg...regarding sitting him out. That's why you don't save a pitcher for next year when that year was their best shot..he's paid to pitch.
    I'm hearing they may trade him this year. Hmmm. That would be difficult to take if I were a Nat fan.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image