Home Sports Talk
Options

Seattle is not ready for a good team

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

One downside to playing a run of scrub teams leading into the playoffs is you forget what its like to play a real team. Rodgers leg seems okay but considering he was faking its not really surprising.

The Pats were sleeping at the start last week and barely survived it. Lets see what Seattle can do now that they spotted green bay 13 points.

Comments

• Options
    Full disclosure: Packer fan.
    Looked like the Seahawks came out early thinking they could mail it in. Packers have been spying Wilson all game too so that doesn't help. This was posted at 19-7, 8:22 left in the game. Still too much time left.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Bay is giving this game away LOL
  • Options

well they woke upimage now green bay just needs a field goal and we can all sweat through some playoff OT
  • Options

<< <i>well they woke upimage now green bay just needs a field goal and we can all sweat through some playoff OT >>

Great game!
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! That was awesome!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

After an awful start they pulled it together . Russell Wilson really worked through it and turned things around you gotta hand it to him image

Sherman looks like hes in a bit of pain with that arm hes going to need the extra week to get healthy.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this has to be one of the best finishes for a Championship game in a looooooooooooooooooooog time.image Go New England.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks were ready willing and able when it counted most...congrats to the champs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

I've been a Hawk fan since 1976 and that was THE greatest football game I have ever seen in my 46 years on this planet.

I don't believe what I just saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Casey said, "It ain't over til it's over".
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both teams made multiple mistakes. Seattle had at least 5 turnovers and fell behind. Seattle's defense stepped up and limited the Packers to 2 field goals on goal line stands. This saved 8 points and kept the game close. Green Bay then miffed the onside kick and failed to go to the ball on the 2 pint conversion that gave Seattle a 3 point lead. That deprived the Packers from winning in regulation with a field goal.

Seattle delivered at the end of the game. Green Bay did not.

The Seahawks can now try to repeat.

Who would Seattle and it's fans prefer to play? Patriots or Colts?
  • Options
    GB played not to lose. Seattle played to win.

And to rephrase an old quote, "Bostick has to be the sickest man in America tonight."

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Both teams made multiple mistakes. Seattle had at least 5 turnovers and fell behind. Seattle's defense stepped up and limited the Packers to 2 field goals on goal line stands. This saved 8 points and kept the game close. Green Bay then miffed the onside kick and failed to go to the ball on the 2 pint conversion that gave Seattle a 3 point lead. That deprived the Packers from winning in regulation with a field goal.

Seattle delivered at the end of the game. Green Bay did not.

The Seahawks can now try to repeat.

Who would Seattle and it's fans prefer to play? Patriots or Colts? >>

I'm not a Seattle fan, but I'm going to say that they couldn't care less who they play in two weeks.

• Options
    Green Bay snatched defeat from the jaws of victory
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Green Bay snatched defeat from the jaws of victory >>

no kidding
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely surreal game.

Were there any boardies actually at that gem? Must've been bedlam.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    guessing our guy Piggs was there with a sideline view and a video camera.

the Wilson 2 point toss defied gravity. the game itself took every available piece of conventional wisdom......and shredded it like cheddar.

thanks to both squads. a pleasure for a football fan. glad my emotional investment was zero. image
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    What fools some of their fans were for leaving early with five minutes to go down 11 points. That is PLENTY of time to make two touchdowns, or even a touchdown+2 and a field goal. Just like I always said regarding my team (especially last years), as long they don't lose in the NCAA's they still got a chance. Shoot I think it's silly when our fans leave early at Rupp during a blowout...because one of my favorite parts (and obviously some of the remaining fans at Rupp agree) is seeing our "Rudys" in action the final few minutes to see if they can get a basket or two! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope the Patriots fans learn that lesson and don't leave early... (up 38-7 with 16:40 to go at this point)
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were saying .....?

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    That might have been Russell Wilson's greatest game so far. At one point, late in the game, his QB rating was less than 10! But he made the big throws when it counted. I knew the Pack had lost their composure when McCarthy was reaming out Bostick on the sidelines after he muffed the onside kick. You didn't see Wilson getting in any of his receivers' faces after some of their drops led to INT's. It seems to be that part of mental toughness also includes resisting the urge to vent your frustrations on people who screw up. Seattle had it and GB didn't.
  • Options

<< <i>That might have been Russell Wilson's greatest game so far. At one point, late in the game, his QB rating was less than 10! But he made the big throws when it counted. I knew the Pack had lost their composure when McCarthy was reaming out Bostick on the sidelines after he muffed the onside kick. You didn't see Wilson getting in any of his receivers' faces after some of their drops led to INT's. It seems to be that part of mental toughness also includes resisting the urge to vent your frustrations on people who screw up. Seattle had it and GB didn't. >>

Two different things though, a QB and a Coach...If Im the Green Bay Coach Im screaming at that guy for not making the play, if Im his teamate Im slapping him on the butt and telling him to hang in there.

Green Bay handled that lead like they were scared, they had to realize that Wilson and his team had NOTHING to lose and managed the game at that point horribly.

My hats off to Seattle though, true example of a team that NEVER gave up. Also kudos to Richard Sherman for staying in the game with his arm hurting...
  • Options
    funny you mention Sherman. because someone in the GB press box forgot to. his injury was apparent to everyone except THE GREEN BAY COACHING STAFF!!!!

did anyone bother to tell them they might have a gift advantage by simply playing pepper with whomever Sherman was covering? he was holding his arm up for Chrissakes!! he was TELLING THEM!! and they still wouldn't throw his way.

he made one play after his injury occurred. ONE!!! on a running play. and he hurt himself again.

was McCarthy being a gentleman in not instructing his offense to go for the throat? then again, he had Lacy run backwards twice when they could have used a first down.

Burnett decided to hibernate instead of running back an interception to better field position.

what the hell happened here? i'm reflecting on this game more now and can't truly believe the Packers blew it. Rodgers looked like he wanted to eat the microphone during his postgame press visit. can't blame him.
  • Options
    Did Burnett think the game was over? LOL!

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GB played not to lose. Seattle played to win. >>

Bingo.
  • Options
    More on the Bostick misplay: he wasn't supposed to go for the ball; he was supposed to block for one of the hands team guys. Also, it was the special teams coach who was yelling at him, not because he mishandled the ball, but because he wasn't supposed to touch it in the first place.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I indeed was on the sidelines for today's game and all I can say is.....WOW! My view of the game is, what you do with turnovers? Green Bay got one touchdown, that killed them in the end. The Packers did play great defense up

until it really counted as they let Seattle move right down the field no problem the last three times they had the ball. The Packers defense was tired and dragging when OT rolled around. My ears are still ringing and it is a real thrill

to be on the field during any game especially one like today. What a memory with my co-workers. This will be my third Super Bowl covered going to Detroit, NY and finally a warm weather city in Phoenix. Should be fun.

I'm on the right by the way in the magic end zone as I call it. Standing where Kearse caught the game winning TD and 10 yards away from Sherman's tip in last years NFC Championship. Take care fellas. Doug

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe GB didn't go for it on 4th n goal, just inches from the goal line, settling for 3 instead. I believe they did that twice, leaving 8 points on the table.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe GB didn't go for it on 4th n goal, just inches from the goal line, settling for 3 instead. I believe they did that twice, leaving 8 points on the table. >>

They also got set back 15 yards on one of those field goals by a totally stupid 15 yard penalty.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After an awful start they pulled it together . Russell Wilson really worked through it and turned things around you gotta hand it to him image

Sherman looks like hes in a bit of pain with that arm hes going to need the extra week to get healthy. >>

He's faking... just like Rodgers was... right? image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't believe GB didn't go for it on 4th n goal, just inches from the goal line, settling for 3 instead. I believe they did that twice, leaving 8 points on the table. >>

They also got set back 15 yards on one of those field goals by a totally stupid 15 yard penalty. >>

excellent point. remember the specifics of Anthony Daniels in-your-face act after GB had an early gimme at the goal line. only 3 instead of 7.

now, think about how Lynch meandered across the goal line with the go-ahead score and a finger to his lips, so as not to stir up his uncaged teammates. they needed 2 more points. a flag would have killed them.

amazing stuff.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Choke.

Expected more from a black and blue division team.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Both teams played terrible.... but the Packers managed to out terrible the terrible Seahawks.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>After an awful start they pulled it together . Russell Wilson really worked through it and turned things around you gotta hand it to him image

Sherman looks like hes in a bit of pain with that arm hes going to need the extra week to get healthy. >>

He's faking... just like Rodgers was... right? image >>

Rodgers was fine last night. I don't think Sherman is the faker type but if he was green bay didn't seem to notice so it was wasted on them. image
  • Options

<< <i>now, think about how Lynch meandered across the goal line with the go-ahead score and a finger to his lips, so as not to stir up his uncaged teammates. they needed 2 more points. >>

With all due respect, I think you need to watch that play again to see exactly what he did as he was crossing the goal line. I noticed it as it happened and couldn't believe there was no yellow laundry laying on the field.

Great back, for sure, but 1,000% classless.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>now, think about how Lynch meandered across the goal line with the go-ahead score and a finger to his lips, so as not to stir up his uncaged teammates. they needed 2 more points. >>

With all due respect, I think you need to watch that play again to see exactly what he did as he was crossing the goal line. I noticed it as it happened and couldn't believe there was no yellow laundry laying on the field.

Great back, for sure, but 1,000% classless. >>

oh, don't get me wrong now buddy. image

agree that Lynch isn't exactly a poster boy for sugar and spice. but, i'll stand by my contention that at least part of his act was designed to keep Dancing With The Stars from happening in the end zone.

the whole unsportsmanlike penalty thing has turned a game of strategy into a game of 'mind your manners'. not a fan off that crap. but, football acumen includes knowing when and where. i think Lynch was aware of the circumstances and acted accordingly. they didn't throw a flag.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Are people complaining about Lynch adjusting himself? If so, I don't think you should watch baseball.

Or, are you talking about him putting his finger to his mouth as to say "No, no, hush"? If that, then go back and watch how Lynch celebrates a TD- he sets the ball down and shakes hands. The only exception is when he has a big run as we saw in AZ a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are people complaining about Lynch adjusting himself? If so, I don't think you should watch baseball. >>

He wasn't adjusting himself. It was very obviously a crotch grab gesture, same as the one he did a couple weeks ago (and for which he was fined).

• Options

<< <i>Are people complaining about Lynch adjusting himself? If so, I don't think you should watch baseball. >>

C'mon, CNote, you're better than this apples-to-pomegranates comparison. He was basically telling all trailing Packers to "suck this" while breaking the plane. If a zebra catches that act, next thing you know the Hawks are trying that 2-pointer from the 17. You know, the two points that turned out to be imperative.

Lynch is a great player, but a total punk. He could learn a thing or two from his QB on how to carry himself, but clearly that doesn't resonate with him.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Oh, well, I'll weep for you.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Love how things totally unrelated to games come up. One of the greatest playoff endings in history and no way Seattle wins without the rugged, rough, tough, gritty running of Marshawn Lynch. Yes he is a quirky guy but has a heart of gold and loved by his teammates, fans and coaches.
  • Options
    How about Russell Wilson? Behind that Bible-reading, hyper optimistic golly gosh exterior is the cold heart of an assassin. He also breaks the mold of the typical "black quarterback", a la Michael Vick, a guy who uses his athleticism to compensate for a lack of skill at dissecting defensive schemes. His game is closer to Montana's than Vick's.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seattle is not ready for a good team >>

............to come to their house and beat them twice in one season, like Dallas would have. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress