Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WOW Checkout this custom cut by alifaxwa2 (Jeffrey)!

As some may know, I'm a huge fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald and "The Great Gatsby" and have been collecting autos of the cast members of each of the four major films made (1926, '49, '74 '13).

I have multiples of every cast member with exception to Georgia Hale who was in the 1926 version. Her auto comes up every once in awhile, but sells for a ton mainly because of her place in silent movie history as she starred opposite Charlie Chaplin in The Gold Rush.

So, I've been buying these for a few years now and they're all in a box. My original intent was to cut them all up and have them placed in a custom dust jacket for a book, but since I got into collecting cards again, and I've seen the success others here have had with Jeffrey's work, I thought I'd give him a shot and I'm GLAD I did!

We went with a 1926 film advertisement to compliment the auto (Warner Baxter who was the first actor to play Jay Gatsby) and blue borders to pay respect to the original first edition dust jacket by Francis Cugat.

If anyone is looking for a custom cut made I highly recommend Jeffrey. Communication was top notch and the result, well you can see below....simply amazing and I couldn't be happier!

Now I know what to do with all these autos I've been picking up image

edit to add: any spots you see are my scanner.

Comments