Home Precious Metals

Sitting on sidelines still?

For those that keep saying they aren't "catching the falling knife" until they see some positive price action, are you jumping in now? PM prices have had some nice moves the past week or so, esp today. Or still on the sidelines accumulating cash to buy in at higher prices?
Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock holders are probably buying more of the SM at discounted prices (Priceline, Tesla, Alibable, etc.). PM's have been dead money for 3-1/2 years which might as well be "forever." Stay with stocks, USDollar, and USTreasuries as they will just keep going higher.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Selling to buy lower...
    keceph `anah
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    The coach hadn't put me in in awhile. So yep. I'm warming up though.....
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought my xmas roll of Libertads at a tick over $15. Was tempted to, and looked at, some old new world gold that I might pull the trigger on for my continental set. But a $50 swing on gold isn't going to make much difference on that so I sit for a bit.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stock holders are probably buying more of the SM at discounted prices (Priceline, Tesla, Alibable, etc.). PM's have been dead money for 3-1/2 years which might as well be "forever." Stay with stocks, USDollar, and USTreasuries as they will just keep going higher.

image >>

I see what you did there image

Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it melts , it's liquid. If it sits there , it's solid. If it moves in the market, it's a gas.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it just sits there.....it's useless.

At least that's what a baseball player once told me.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    keceph `anah
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    could rising PM prices during falling commodity prices indicate PMs are more than just a commodity? image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buying, am I a fool or what ?
    Timbuk3
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's easily taxable, I suspect that it will keep going up. If it's not easily taxable, it will be illegally suppressed with naked shorting.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought in the 14simage
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought in the 14simage >>

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it's easily taxable, I suspect that it will keep going up. If it's not easily taxable, it will be illegally suppressed with naked shorting. >>

I'd rather have 51% of a big number than 100% of a small number. Particularly if "they" are in favor of me making money with the former, and "they" are against me making money with the latter.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have 100% of a big number that I can hold in my hands.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.