Home Testing Forum
Options

test

savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
Couple of interesting Large Cents for sale (paypal is fine; all prices postpaid)

1857 Large Cent PCGS G06.......$125

The elusive final year of the large cent in wonderfully problem-free, albeit worn, condition.....Its hard to imaging how it picked up this much wear from circulation when the same year saw introduction of the Flying Eagle cent which replaced Large Cents in commerce......For the lowball enthusiasts this is a pop 1 coin last I checked with only one, a single G04, lower......I defy anyone to find another 1857 in straight graded PCGS plastic for under $200!

this shot was taken with the camera flash 'On' to show that there is a <faint> date

1847 SEGS F12.....$80
Next we have a SEGS graded 1847/1847 overdate.....last pic should show a dramatic repunched date (all 4 digits!).....The most unbelievable part is that SEGS (Go figure) missed the reverse "profane" alteration of the word CENT.....There is definitely $80 worth of conversation with this piece at your next EAC gathering! Please note that my pics, as always, are terrible.....The obverse and reverse are well matched and if they don't appear that way it could have something to do with this amateur photographer turning the flash off for the obverse shot, while on for the reverse shot

Thanks for looking!

www.brunkauctions.com