Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Finally finished with my 1984 Fleer San Francisco Giants Autograph Set!

So I have finally submitted my last batch of graphs to be authenticated! I obtained the majority of them via TTM and the others on eBay! They all came back nice and smooth except for the dang Chili Davis! This is the second one I have purchased off eBay that failed. This is mine and my oldest sons first autograph set to complete and have authenticated! image Sorry for the glare and out of focus!

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a nice project to do with your son!

Looks great.

Chili Davis' sig has changed over the years - just look at the sig on the 82TT card. The "card sig" looks different than the one I have signed by him which was gotten in person - and his more current sig is really different - like below:

Mike
  • Cool project. I'm not an expert on Chili's signature, but I do own a ball signed by him. I think the one you just bought is a lot closer to the sig I own than the one you just had rejected.

Edited to add: the sig I have, from when he was a minor league hitting coach several years ago, looks exactly like the one Mike posted.
  • jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    I actually contacted the seller before purchasing it this time. He seems pretty legit and he guarantees it if it comes back fake!
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    It's cool that Fleer is alphabetical and Kruk and Kuip are next to each other....this from a Dodger fan born and raised in Bay Area, but they're a great duo.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! There's nothing like the sense of accomplishment when you complete a project!
    I had hoped I would've gotten the last batch in before they changed labels but oh well! I still love them and my boys like the red/green! He was born in California and likes the cap Evans is wearing is why we chose this set.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I have many signed cards from that era that I personally had signed after games. I used to go to Phillies games and get the visiting team to sign cards as they went to their team bus. I did the same going to Baltimore for many games. I was hoping to help but I only have a 1985 Topps and an 1986 Fleer signed by him....no 1984 Fleer. Hope yours comes back authentic and congrats on the set.
    Robert
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
    It took over a year for me to complete this set simply because I couldn't ever find an authentic Chili Davis signature! But after searching Google stores, I gave up on eBay, I finally found it!

John

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    This is epically awesome. I followed those Giant teams as a kid. Lean years but great memories. Congrats!

Matt
  • That is wicked cool. Why the 1984 team specifically?

Originally posted by: vandweller

That is wicked cool. Why the 1984 team specifically?

At the time I had just got a wax box of 1984 Fleer in from BBCE. I let me oldest help me open them and since he was born in California he chose the Giants! Now I can't even get him to look at sports cards. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Magic the Gathering are his big interest right now.

John