Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPs: Heritage Non Floor

I felt stuff got really competitive today. Perhaps folks who didn't win in the larger auctions bidding on this. I picked up 3 pieces I really liked. The highlight is the PF-66 Cameo which is unheard of for the type and the Philip III which to me has super eye appeal. Very happy with these, even though I lost a couple of others I was pursuing.

MACEDONIAN KINGDOM. Philip III Arrhidaeus (323-317 BC). AR drachm (4.38 gm). Colophon, ca. 323-319 BC. Head of Heracles right, wearing lion's skin headdress / Zeus seated left, holding eagle and scepter; monogram in left field. Price P46. A lovely specimen, benefiting from dies of exceptional style and powerfully struck, warm toning, and mirror-like reverse fields. NGC MS 5/5 - 4/5, Fine Style.

Franz Joseph Proof 2 Florins 1870-A PR66 Cameo NGC, KM2232. Vienna, (A), mint. Lightly toned with superb reflectivity. Very rare in Proof quality.

Salzburg. Johann Ernst Taler 1692 MS63 NGC, KM254, Dav-3510. A sharp example with splendid old-collection patina highlighted by iridescent-toned luster in recessed areas. Scarce thus.

Comments