Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Happy to Add this Classic Football Rookie

very pleased to add this legendary card. Could maybe bump to a 7.5, but regardless fits in nicely with my goal of slowly adding in classic rookie cards

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/Mobile Uploads/unitas_zps1917a350.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. That card is definitely a classic and you got yourself an eye catching one.
    Steve
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Great Pickup!!!
  • Options
    I could definitely see 7.5 there. Very, very nice card.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Very nice image
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! What do you think Jim Brown or Starr next?

Blee, don't have a Dorsett yet like your avatar, so need to a 9 in there too!
  • Options
    NICE!!!

JB Next!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>NICE!!!

JB Next! >>

+ 1
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Real nice looking card ... CONGRATS! I agree with the others ... Jim Brown.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet looking Unitas rookie a good chance at a bump. I remember when I finally landed my Unitas rookie about 4 months ago and was thrilled. Shortly thereafter I landed the Starr rookie. Having said that I picked up the Jim Brown rookie before the Unitas. The Starr and Unitas rookies look great side by side but the Jim Brown rookie would be my choice!
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    Great card! You beat me to the punch if that just sold on eBay.

Enjoy!

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Great looking card!!!

• Options
    Thanks guys

Yep dberk it was listed for a little by 4sc. Ended up getting it about 10% off from their site
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    It's already been said but very, very nice example of a 7. Definitely bumpable imo.
    Centering is great and looks like it doesn't have the snow that that set is known for.

Great addition!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks guys

Yep dberk it was listed for a little by 4sc. Ended up getting it about 10% off from their site >>

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? It's a nice 7.
  • Options
    4SC now wants "Dean's" level pricing for their 7 they have on eBay right now!!
  • Options
    ^ ouch yeah they pumped up the price. Mine was about 37% below that one
  • Options
    Ok that's more VCP average price level like.
  • Options
    That is a gorgeous Johnny U rookie. I agree with the majority... Jimmy Brown next.

Continue to be picky as, irrespective of the grade, the card often has issues... namely centering and snow in the black oval border.

Are you, in fact, going to try for the bump on the Unitas?

Snorto~
  • Options
    If you can't sell a $700 card for $1210 (link) maybe it will sell at $1480 (link)!

Sometimes things just defy logic image
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    That is one sweet Unitas 7. Congrats!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, congratulations !!! :-)
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup.