Home Sports Talk
Options

It took 2 catches that weren't for that GB FG!!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Those were bad!

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one where the ball clearly hit the ground end first was awful image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!! Pot meet kettle!! A Dallas fan complaining about calls??!! Really?? LOL!!!!

The first shorter Cobb catch should have been overturned but the big catch was most certainly a catch, 100%.

They lost all the yardage from the first catch on the subsequent sack so it really was a moot point anyway.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL!! Pot meet kettle!! A Dallas fan complaining about calls??!! Really?? LOL!!!!

The first shorter Cobb catch should have been overturned but the big catch was most certainly a catch, 100%.

They lost all the yardage from the first catch on the subsequent sack so it really was a moot point anyway. >>

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>The first shorter Cobb catch should have been overturned but the big catch was most certainly a catch, 100%. <<<

You have got to be kidding! That second foot was a yard out!
  • Options

<< <i>>>>The first shorter Cobb catch should have been overturned but the big catch was most certainly a catch, 100%. <<<

You have got to be kidding! That second foot was a yard out! >>

You have no idea what you're talking about. Both feet were clearly down in bounds. You're Cowboy bias is quite amusing though, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

A penalty that was more revealing was the personal foul against #70 of Green Bay. He fought the entire Dallas team to a draw single-handedly . They were trying to gang up on him in groups of 3 or 4 and he was just steamrolling them backwards and flinging them on the turf.

They are more like cowgirls than cowboys .image
  • Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting good. Lets see how this end s currently crazy at Lambeau
  • Options
    At lambeau packer fan. Dallas got screwed on that call
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    The game isn't even over and the Cowboy homers are whining already.

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    What goes around...........

• Options
    [Lambeau going nuts
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Dez did not maintain control going to the ground, call is not even debatable.

Robb
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    fergie23 call is not even debatable.

First try to understand the complete rule.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even recognize football. That is a catch. Period. Use the eye test and tell me otherwise.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>I don't even recognize football. That is a catch. Period. Use the eye test and tell me otherwise. >>

Yes, the eye test of a Cowboy fan. That should be our litmus test to render the correct call, LOL...

Love how Cowboy fans are suddenly irate with the officials. What a difference a week makes..

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    He did not make a football move. I wanted the Cowboys to win since I believe Romo has an undeserved rep and a Super Bowl appearance would have shed it. However the rule is clear and the reach argument doesn't hold water.

Do I personally think it was a catch? Yes but I thought the Megatron play was a catch also.

Robb
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't even recognize football. That is a catch. Period. Use the eye test and tell me otherwise. >>

Yes, the eye test of a Cowboy fan. That should be our litmus test to render the correct call, LOL...

Love how Cowboy fans are suddenly irate with the officials. What a difference a week makes.. >>

Yes a Cowboy fan. Yes, the rule was applied correctly. It was reviewed by several officials and applied according to the rules.

All I'm saying is........playing any level of football......doesn't that look like a catch?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Love how Cowboy fans are suddenly irate with the officials. What a difference a week makes.. >>

Yes a Cowboy fan. Yes, the rule was applied correctly. It was reviewed by several officials and applied according to the rules.

All I'm saying is........playing any level of football......doesn't that look like a catch? >>

That I do agree with you on. As I stated in the other thread, I am not a fan of the rule and I do think the rule does need to be revised.

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Dimeman needs to get copy of the rules. Typical homer comments. Not subjective at all.
  • Options

One of the green bay catches should have been reversed . If they make that call maybe things turn out different.
  • Options

<< <i>One of the green bay catches should have been reversed . If they make that call maybe things turn out different. >>

No, the next play was a sack that reversed the yardage so it was a moot point.

• Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    No Grote it is no a moot point. Incomplete pass then sack brings up 3rd and 18 not 3rd and 9. Still may have picked it up but given GB eight yards with 18 seconds left is Big not Moot!!
  • Options

<< <i>No Grote it is no a moot point. Incomplete pass then sack brings up 3rd and 18 not 3rd and 9. Still may have picked it up but given GB eight yards with 18 seconds left is Big not Moot!! >>

LOL, the second pass would have converted on 3rd and 18 as well. You had the chance to stop them and force a punt and you couldn't. I find it hilarious how cowboy fans are complaining about calls after last week's gift from the refs. The irony is remarkable!

Take a cue from your coach. You had chances to win and couldn't get it done. If anything, it was Murray's fumble on what almost certainly would have been a TD that cost you the game. You had Rodgers at about 60% and you still couldn't get it done.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No Grote it is no a moot point. Incomplete pass then sack brings up 3rd and 18 not 3rd and 9. Still may have picked it up but given GB eight yards with 18 seconds left is Big not Moot!! >>

LOL, the second pass would have converted on 3rd and 18 as well. You had the chance to stop them and force a punt and you couldn't. I find it hilarious how cowboy fans are complaining about calls after last week's gift from the refs. The irony is remarkable!

Take a cue from your coach. You had chances to win and couldn't get it done. If anything, it was Murray's fumble on what almost certainly would have been a TD that cost you the game. You had Rodgers at about 60% and you still couldn't get it done. >>

The fact that Dallas was even playing on Sunday was like being on a free roll...................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Romo was at about 60% himself by the end of that game (maybe even a little less after all the hits he took) and the Packers barely got a win.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    And the Cowboys barely got a loss. But they still lost and the Packers won!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    adrenaline does not know of percentages. both QB's are extraordinary. only one can win.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Yep and the Packers have the opportunity to do what the Cowboys have already done, beat the Seahawks at home. I believe they played earlier in the year and that did not go so well.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep and the Packers have the opportunity to do what the Cowboys have already done, beat the Seahawks at home. I believe they played earlier in the year and that did not go so well. >>

So you are comparing the regular season to the playoffs? Wow, sour grapes. At least the Packers get to work on revenge from that loss where your team will be watching from home.

Great article from The Dallas News Dallas News

Sure puts it in perspective from the Dallas fan.
  • Options

<< <i>adrenaline does not know of percentages. both QB's are extraordinary. only one can win. >>

Adrenaline doesn't help his wheels though.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>adrenaline does not know of percentages. both QB's are extraordinary. only one can win. >>

Adrenaline doesn't help his wheels though. >>

hmmm. Romo low-bridged by Clay Matthews Jr. early. then the whack on his left knee left him looking like a dog on the highway after being hit by a truck.

frankly, i'm amazed he was able to walk off the field after handshakes. image
  • Options
    I was referring more to Rodgers than Romo. Mobility out of the pocket is normally a huge part of Aaron's game. Romo doesn't run much to begin with.

• Options
    neither really stood much of a chance out of the pocket yesterday, healthy or not. the field was a disaster.