Home Sports Talk
Options

Memorable home runs that you hit!

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
...most of us hit at least one......right?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 Game Winning HR's in Day Long Softball Tournaments, both were walkoffs!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember my father was there for one I hit in LL. He wasn't around much (and not at all any longer), so that made it special. Hit it to where he always stood to watch the game, which was a plus.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit a towering drive playing whiffle ball batting like Yaz. It landing right in the stink pipe on top of our two story house. When I told my Dad he said that was impossible. When the toilet started backing up and the plumber snaked out a semi melted ball he was a believer and $80 poorer. The stink pipe was literally the same size as the ball.

For years by brother and I tried to recreate the incident by tossing balls into the pipe. Never did.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Only can remember one when I last played softball in the 1980's. Outfield pulled in a bit when I came to bat. Hit a soaring, tape measure ball to Center field. Cleared the fielder by 50 feet.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    We played a ton of softball during recess and lunch during high school. Right field was a very reachable fence which right onto the busy street. Left field was a huge playground with no fences. So we all aimed for right field. Became a decent leftie and also great at hitting to the opposite field. It was all about the home run! None particular memorable but every one felt good!
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does wiffle ball count?image
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, got me thinking. No real memorable ones..meaning walk off or grand slam HR's. Almost inside the park home run. Third base coach held me up. Honestly, it was probably the right call. But why not? That would have been memorable.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options

<< <i>Does wiffle ball count?image >>

Only if Super Balls count. image
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Then does xbox count?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    none. batting leadoff or second made me the OBP guy. slap hits going oppo. pitchers hated me as i regularly led the league in foul tips.

the Kratchman brothers usually hit 4, 5.....now those dudes could whack a ball. the older brother once won us a league title with a game winning grand slam. running out to celebrate on the field made us all feel like we hit it. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of little league, my first 3 AB's in my last season I hit consecutive HR's ( 1 was Inside the park ) then I went the rest of the season without hitting anymore image