Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A photo-centric improvement on photo-bucket

Hi All,
I posted this on the liteside to good reviews, so I'd like to see if it's also useful to you foreign and ancient guys.

I’d like to present Collectivecoin.com. I created it as a way to easily view, note and display a collection online, for free, from anywhere.

A few forum members have been graciously helping me test it, and it’s finally at a point where I’d like to offer it up to a wider audience.

Using Collectivecoin, you will always have your collection available, even if the coins need to stay in the SDB:
You can:

• Easily load and display coins in your collection, with thumbnails, full-size photos and gallery viewing.
• Keep public and private notes on your coins.
• Use the searchbar to find what you’re interested in.
• Drag-and-drop to sort your collection just as you’d like.
• Link coin photos to the boards. Same as Photobucket, but without all the ads and junk videos.
• Have your collection and notes at your fingertips during shows (like FUN!).
• Message other members easily.

There are some pretty spectacular coins to browse through already, and it’s growing. So welcome! If this could be a useful tool for you, please create a profile and have at it. I’d love to hear any comments or feedback you might have. There are already some cool updates in the pipeline based on members’ recommendations. (infinite scroll, view counts, and more)

Thanks to everyone that has loaded coins and helped me test it so far:

Lkeigwin, Bustcuds, sch1man, busthalfbrian, elmerfusterpuck, erwindoc, eastoncollection, ginjamax, bajjerfan, rhedden, eagleguy and Stone. Thanks guys!

My username on Collectivecoin is also Scubafuel, so feel free to check out my bust quarter collection or shoot me a message. Please see below for some quick screenshots from the site:

Homepage: Click "browse around" to see member's coins.
Collection page: Drag/Drop to re-order coins.
Coin Loading page: Here you can add info, descriptions, and notes that only you can see.

Enjoy! Matt (Scubafuel)

Comments

• Options

I'll definitely be giving this a try this weekend with my ancients, very cool!

*edit* I got exited and popped a coin in tonight yet

it would be nice to have the option to fill in a denom of our choosing instead of a drop down as well, no ancient "denoms" are in there of course
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    TIF2TIF2 Posts: 233
    I uploaded a couple of coins but don't understand how it is organized. I copied and pasted the description for one coin but it appears to apply to both coins-- or else I don't understand how to add a different description to the second coin. I'll await further instructions before attempting to add more. Same user name as here.
  • Options
    you add 1 coin at a time is my understanding, if you're putting in two images its for the obverse and reverse

I'd like the description field to allow formatting so it isn't just a wall of text image
  • Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, thanks for trying the site out! TIF, I also sent you a quick message through the site.

NiceCurrency is right; each load of a photos/details pair is for one specific coin. You can load multiple photos if all the photos are of the same coin (obv/reverse, closeups etc).

Then if you click into your user name, you should see the individual coins displayed, and you can drag/drop the coins to sort them on the page. It will save your sort automatically.
    It looks like you loaded two pics of different coins at once, and they were combined into one. (Syracuse Tetradrachm). If you click on it, you should see both coin photos.
    To edit/delete them, click the blue "edit photos" link. You can also edit coin details by clicking the blue "edit" link next to the coin title.

As for ancient series and denominations, I definitely want to add them but I don't know them very well. Embarrassing to admit, but I've been US-centric for too long. Is there a list somewhere that I could reference/copy so the auto-complete will work? Same with foreign actually. This may be a big job...

I will get to work on formatting within the the description fields. Thanks for the feedback!

Best, Matt

• Options
  • Options
    this deserves more eyes seeing it, it's fun