Options
Sheridan Downey Auctions
Typically, how long after the cut-off time in a Sheridan Downey auction are you notified if you won a lot?
Thanks!
Thanks!
0
Comments
10-4,
My Instagram picturesErik
My registry sets
<< <i>Met him at FUN today, a nice guy for sure. He mentioned the results being available sometime Friday morning. I did stop at his table and placed a couple of bids too. We'll see if I end up with anything. >>
good luck!
Unless you were bidding against me, then I hope you lose
<< <i>I'm afraid to look at the PR because I know I'm going to regret not placing any bids.
The good stuff in his auctions usually goes for above price guide by lots
BHNC member # 184!
http://www.busthalfaddict.com
<< <i>
<< <i>I'm afraid to look at the PR because I know I'm going to regret not placing any bids.
The good stuff in his auctions usually goes for above price guide by lots >>
I can guarantee that some of the R1-R3 stuff will do the same
Sheridan Downey web site
<< <i>I'm afraid to look at the PR because I know I'm going to regret not placing any bids.
Don't worry Brian, somebodys always get a bargain in Sheridan's auctions. Most of his followers don't much bother with the common Overton varieties. Oh, I guess you should have bid.
Heck, my bids could cost me only $20,000.
Thanks!
<< <i>Is it in a different place on his website? I didn't see it on the homepage.
Thanks! >>
not there yet
10-4,
My Instagram picturesErik
My registry sets
<< <i>I'm only seeing a partial list, curious about lot 54. >>
three page document
anyway, lot 54 had high bid of 1689, underbid of 1425, hammer of 1568, total price of 1725
I'm happy to report I won the one lot I bid on, very close to my max bid, but I got it!
Lance.
<< <i>I was 1 for 4. Crazy bidding. Anyone who has bust halves to sell should consign them to Sheridan, IMO.
Lance.
Normally $4,500 for a 58 would be crazy.....but that 1811 is spectacular....it has it all.
Congrats Lance.
Auction prices-Lot 3
<< <i>Normally $4,500 for a 58 would be crazy... >>
No kidding. 60% over price guide. But I think it's worth it.
It's an OGH and IMO it's not a 58. But it will not be regraded.
Lance.
<< <i>
<< <i>Normally $4,500 for a 58 would be crazy... >>
No kidding. 60% over price guide. But I think it's worth it.
It's an OGH and IMO it's not a 58. But it will not be regraded.
Lance. >>
Gold CAC for sure!!!!!!
(note that all images in Sheridan's auctions are taken by lkeigwin and are fabulous, as usual!)
And no, not giving up on half dimes
Lance.
<< <i>Great choices, Barndog. Splendid examples for a date set. Just back away from the varieties and marriages, will you?
Lance. >>
With THOSE prices realized, you can be assured that I will avoid varieties and even mildly-rare halves
10-4,
My Instagram picturesErik
My registry sets
It was surprising that the very nice PCGS Bust Dimes offered in the auction, even with the CAC stickers, had no bids. Must be that Sheridan's followers only want Half Dollars. Bet Sheridan has no problem selling those Bust Dimes at FUN.
<< <i>I was 1 for 4. Crazy bidding. Anyone who has bust halves to sell should consign them to Sheridan, IMO.
Lance.
You paid up for a totally beautiful Bustie. I have a very nice PCGS 55 CAC in the marriage, or I would have pushed you. I would not be surprised if you upgraded it to MS.
zap
102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
BHNC #198
<< <i>It was surprising that the very nice PCGS Bust Dimes offered in the auction, even with the CAC stickers, had no bids. Must be that Sheridan's followers only want Half Dollars. Bet Sheridan has no problem selling those Bust Dimes at FUN. >>
I collect bust dimes in PCGS CAC, and I thought most of the dimes were nice, but not exceptional. Especially, when you compare them to the superb toning on the bust halves. The 1811 and 1814 IMO were truly exceptional quality - I ended up winning the 1814.
<< <i>You paid up for a totally beautiful Bustie. I have a very nice PCGS 55 CAC in the marriage, or I would have pushed you. >>
The gorgeous 1807 O.112 you won (below) was very tempting to me! Except that I already have a pretty 58 O.112. Worked out well for both of us!
Lance.
<< <i>1 for 2 here. I was the underbidder to Barndog on that 1827 O.143 (about the 3rd time in recent auctions that I was the underbidder, and I always think at the time that I've sent in a pretty strong bid - oh well). Congrats, Barndog, you picked up some sweet coins!
zap >>
zap, I called Sheridan about an hour before closing to check on my bids. He told me I was underbidder on lot 11 and high bidder on the others and advised I could send another bid via email if I chose to do so. Of course, he didn't advise how much more to bid. I guess I chose wisely
<< <i>I put in three uninspired bids and was blown away on all, and put in a somewhat more competitive bid on a fourth coin that I won, the 1813 o-103. It formerly sold in a Heritage auction as an NGC 55, and is now housed in a PCGS 53 holder. If anyone can post those for comparison, it might make for an interesting discussion on photography. I'm hoping the coin in hand looks a lot more like Lance's photo than Heritage's photo. >>
I think the over all brightness of the coin is going to be somewhere between the two sets of images (first set mine, 2nd set HA's). My original images show it brighter than how it ended up on Sheridan's site. Somewhere along the way -- from making the jpg to resizing and cropping it, to publishing it -- the images become a little darker. Especially in Sheridan's hardcopy catalog.
Lance.
Although it is the same coin, I ended up paying more for the coin in 53 than what it sold for in 55, but I'm okay with that now that I can better see the coin.
The halves were spectacular though. There is definitely something to be said for running a small, focused sale where every coin is impressive. I think that definitely has an positive effect on the prices realized.
As for that 1811, it was only expensive if you believe the grade on the holder. I don't!
<< <i>As for that 1811, it was only expensive if you believe the grade on the holder. I don't! >>
I agree with you. 55 feels right. This is a coin I'd submit for regrading, along with another 53 that's a little generous.
Lance.
zap
102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
BHNC #198
<< <i>
<< <i>As for that 1811, it was only expensive if you believe the grade on the holder. I don't! >>
I agree with you. 55 feels right. This is a coin I'd submit for regrading, along with another 53 that's a little generous.
Lance. >>
Did you forget already!!!
<< Normally $4,500 for a 58 would be crazy... >>
No kidding. 60% over price guide. But I think it's worth it.
It's an OGH and IMO it's not a 58. But it will not be regraded.
Lance.
<< <i>
<< <i>As for that 1811, it was only expensive if you believe the grade on the holder. I don't! >>
I agree with you. 55 feels right. This is a coin I'd submit for regrading, along with another 53 that's a little generous.
Lance. >>
Wait, 55? I thought you were implying it would upgrade from 58? Why else would you have paid $4.5k?
Or was that comment tongue-in-cheek?
Lance, you'll have to tell me if those are ear bars I'm seeing.
The 1811, definitely not a 55
<< <i>It's just some confusion over which coin I meant, I think.
The 1811, definitely not a 55
Duh. I meant lava's 1813. I think it's better than AU53.
As for my 1811, I don't think it's AU. But I'm fine with the OGH and AU58.
Lance.