Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Circulated 1890-CC Morgan grade, need your opinion

Not my coin. I'm trying to figure out if I got this correct. I'm thinking VF details, cleaned. Am I right on both counts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281538277629?orig_cvip=true

Thanks!

Comments

  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VF25, maybe VF30 details. Can't tell from those pics on whether or not it has been cleaned. It could go either way. IMO, the starting bid is way too high for a coin with questions.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no cleaning. Nicely preserved (undamaged) commerce used dollar.

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priced about double what most would pay for it IMO.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks more like a strong Fine to me. Overvalued regardless.

    RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Value is less than $100. The most common of all CC dollars and lots of them around.

    Keep searching or send me a PM.

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    desslokdesslok Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

    There is no question that the coin is priced at 2x what it should be, that was clear to me. I wanted to know if I'm grading it right. It is a friend's coin, and he usually overprices all his stuff. He called it a VF, so at least grade-wise that seems to be in agreement with most posters here. Also it's good to know that you don't think it was cleaned. I was thinking about the black dirt in the recesses of the letters versus the relatively shiny upper surfaces, but I guess that can be the result on honest wear as well.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Thanks everyone for your replies.

    There is no question that the coin is priced at 2x what it should be, that was clear to me. I wanted to know if I'm grading it right. It is a friend's coin, and he usually overprices all his stuff. He called it a VF, so at least grade-wise that seems to be in agreement with most posters here. Also it's good to know that you don't think it was cleaned. I was thinking about the black dirt in the recesses of the letters versus the relatively shiny upper surfaces, but I guess that can be the result on honest wear as well. >>



    Yes, that's a result of being pocket carried....dirt sticks in the recesses and pocket "cleans" the higher points.

    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not look cleaned to me. However, I'm looking on my iPhone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file