Options
Bronze conservation
My HK-131 medal has some green gunk:

I've read about PCGS restoration services but they seem to frown on touching copper and bronze.
I just want to do what I can to help keep it from getting worse. I thought I remembered reading about a conservation service, but that seems to be at another TPG I'd rather not use (only because almost everything I have is PCGS).
Suggestions?

I've read about PCGS restoration services but they seem to frown on touching copper and bronze.
I just want to do what I can to help keep it from getting worse. I thought I remembered reading about a conservation service, but that seems to be at another TPG I'd rather not use (only because almost everything I have is PCGS).
Suggestions?
0
Comments
Would there be any improvement? There is no certainty.
Perhaps it would be better to leave it just as it is.
There's more then just verdigris issues as it looks like it was cleaned at one point.
You could soak it in mineral oil for 6 months and see if it lifts the green.
<< <i>That green gunk is called verdigris. The best way to handle it is with Verdi-Care LINK >>
I second this! I've used this before and it should work on your medal.