Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this a good deal?

Ebay item $299.95 or Make an Offer

When looking up the cert #, shows value at $475.

Is this something smart collectors jump on or is there anything about it that would give you concern? Actual photo from NGC-
I like rice. Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

Comments

  • Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another one on eBay right now, at $299.00.

    Seems to be the going rate.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623 ✭
    Considering it has $125 worth of platinum in it and it is not in market preferred collector plastic, I would say no.
  • Options


    << <i>Considering it has $125 worth of platinum in it and it is not in market preferred collector plastic, I would say no. >>



    Sorry for sounding clueless (but I am), what is "market preferred collector plastic"?
    I like rice. Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something.
    -Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>what is "market preferred collector plastic"? >>


    There are more NGC graded 70's then there are PCGS graded 70's
    So a PCGS 70 will command a higher price in the marketplace then a NGC 70.

  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>what is "market preferred collector plastic"? >>


    There are more NGC graded 70's then there are PCGS graded 70's
    So a PCGS 70 will command a higher price in the marketplace then a NGC 70. >>



    Thank you.
    I like rice. Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something.
    -Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>Considering it has $125 worth of platinum in it and it is not in market preferred collector plastic, I would say no. >>



    Sorry for sounding clueless (but I am), what is "market preferred collector plastic"? >>



    He means NGC instead of PCGS. image

    My concern would be the large price difference between PF-70 and PF-69, and possibly the thin market for proof platinum coins(??) Just don't know how popular a series it really is....and one "distracting mark", or spot, (or unfavored grading service), on that MS-70 might make the strong money collectors run.

    I think you'll find that playing in the HIGH grade area requires you to be very knowledgeable in that area.
    Easily distracted Type Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file