Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Earned a 70% grade at the Bean Bazaar today {;>)

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
Only disappointment was #10 image

1. 1858-O Dime Liberty Seated, Drapery [SDM1858O] PCGSAU53 30801970 Passed
2. 1871-S Dime Liberty Seated, Legend [SDM1871S] PCGSEF40 26229100 Not CAC
3. 1875 Dime Liberty Seated, Legend [SDM1875] PCGS MS64 14018374 Passed
4. 1876-CC Dime Liberty Seated, Legend [SDM1876CC] PCGS MS63 20392702 Passed
5. 1878-CC Dime Liberty Seated, Legend [SDM1878CC] PCGS VF30 26800725 Passed
6. 1880 Dime Liberty Seated, Legend [SDM1880] PCGS EF40 24057523 Not CAC
7. 1858-O Quarter Liberty Seated, No Motto [SQU1858O] PCGS AU53 30801977 Passed
8. 1840 Half Dollars Liberty Seated, NM Rev 1839 [LHM1840SL]PCGSVF30 29211897 Passed
9. 1864-S Half Dollars Liberty Seated, No Motto [LHM1864S]PCGSXF45 30935478 Passed
10. 1869 Dollars Liberty Seated, With Motto [L$M1869] PCGS EF40 22106026 Not CAC

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

Comments

  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I see on your submission I would not send them any more EF40 coins....


    bobimage

    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are pretty decent results. post a pic of the disappointment.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>those are pretty decent results. post a pic of the disappointment. >>



    It was purchased from a forum member, and I am very pleased with the coin. It may have been just a tad too dark for JA to give it a pass.

    image
    image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>those are pretty decent results. post a pic of the disappointment. >>



    It was purchased from a forum member, and I am very pleased with the coin. It may have been just a tad too dark for JA to give it a pass.

    image
    image >>



    Wow that is pretty nice, considering the avg low quality (compared to my preferences) of stickered circulated seated stuff I am shocked at that dollar. Maybe something removed that I am missing instead of the look?
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the marks on the left by the hand, look like little chatter marks.
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker. >>



    If you just got your results today you can call and ask John why it failed, he is very good about that.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker. >>



    If you just got your results today you can call and ask John why it failed, he is very good about that. >>



    95% of the time he will just say it is the under grade. If that is the case with this coin, hummmmmm.
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>

    << <i>I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker. >>



    If you just got your results today you can call and ask John why it failed, he is very good about that. >>



    95% of the time he will just say it is the under grade. If that is the case with this coin, hummmmmm. >>


    Based on the images I would say the soap clean is probably harsher-looking in hand.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it you screen the coins before sending in (rather than just send everything you have on hand)?
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pictures of the 69 dollar I would say the surfaces are not quite there....but still a nice coin and I have seen worse in other series CAC!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I take it you screen the coins before sending in (rather than just send everything you have on hand)? >>



    I do screen them while keeping the CAC mission in mind. I thought that the dollar was very solid for the TPG grade in all criteria except the luster, which I may have overlooked. If there is no notation on the holder when it arrives, I'll call and ask if JA had made any notes about it.

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671 ✭
    I love seated dollars. Maybe i could trade my entire Roosie collection for one.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I take it you screen the coins before sending in (rather than just send everything you have on hand)? >>



    I do screen them while keeping the CAC mission in mind. I thought that the dollar was very solid for the TPG grade in all criteria except the luster, which I may have overlooked. If there is no notation on the holder when it arrives, I'll call and ask if JA had made any notes about it. >>



    I screen too and try to learn a bit from past successes and failures. I do know photos can be deceiving, as I have some "lock CAC" coins if one judges by various images that I would never send to CAC because they'd be a waste of everyone's time.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the preference to 1858-0 silver coinage. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker. >>



    Maybe because it looks better than most. image

    oh, unload that gun!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I agree, looks better than most. It would be nice to know why it didn't sticker. >>



    Maybe because it looks better than most. image

    oh, unload that gun! >>



    Hey buddy, the 1796 SE Dollar is next in the queue for a trip to Far Hills. image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    Pretty good results overall. Congrats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file