Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My HA session 4 newp

This is the Platinum session, with mixed results across the board. Some went strong overall, like Cuba. Others were generally weak, like German States. And some had mixed results.

I wanted ONE SINGLE LOT for this entire auction, and I got it:

In my notes from lot viewing, I wrote "nice" for this lot (31104). As comparison, I felt 31102 (Commonwealth 1/2 Cr in PF64) was "decent", 31103 (Cromwell 1/2 Cr in MS64) was "so-so" (it has an unoriginal look to it), and 31105 (Cromwell Cr in MS64) was "decent". 31102 performed somewhat well, 31103 sold for basal value because of the holder, 31104 performed so-so and 31105 sold a little bit soft.

I offer the above commentary because I worry when the lot I won didn't generate a frenzy, and I wonder if I bought a mere product piece. But, I examined the coin in person. So did two trustworthy US collector friends who did HA lot viewing with me. We all liked the coin.

[Edited to add that my max bid was much higher.]

imageimage

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I don't think high grade Cromwell pieces will ever be just product, but overall the auctions sure aren't generating the bidding we have gotten used to seeing. Well done!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats... wonderful coin.

I would not get too caught up in trying to figure out auction results... There are just too many variables.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow - what a fantastic newp - cool original surfaces - great strike and ea, and looks well graded....are you like broke yet or what?
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very nice piece. I love the patina.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.