Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Cert not available for display

blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was recently updating my Morgan registry set and my 1882-o MS62 PCGS Morgan gives me error message "That Cert is not available for display". I am certain that both the coin and the slab are authentic. It was purchased from a large reputable dealer in Florida back in June 2014. I sent a email to PCGS but have received no response. Cert number is 24992893. I will try to attach pictures. Any ideas why this would come up as an invalid certification? TIA.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Comments

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Pics too small to see.

Call Customer Service Monday. I recently had an issue with a slab and they took care of it, and quickly.
    Dan
  • Options
    Thanks will do. I can't figure out how to make the picture bigger.

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    They'll fix it if it is real or if it is China they will send you there.
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It either never got entered or pulled. By checking the submission (coins around this cert), I suspect it got pulled.

I have seen them get pulled for obvious mechanical error or number showing up on counterfeit slabs.

Probably worth a call to customer service.
  • Options
    Yeah I emailed them 8 days ago, no reply. Finally called customer service today and after being on hold for 45 minutes finally spoke to a live person. I gave them the cert and they said oh yeah MS62 1882-O. Then she said she would have to talk with her supervisor and would call right back, a glitch in the system she said. Anyway no call back and status still "That cert is not available for display". I will try again on monday. Thanks for all your help fellow collectors.

• Options

Trying pictures again

• Options

<< <i>image

Trying pictures again >>

that worked! image
  • Options

• Options
    still can't get anywhere with PCGS. Worst customer service ever. Man trying to get this coin added to my set has taken more effort then it did to purchase a house. I guess when they are trying to get your money they are willing to help but if no money involved for them they could care less.

• Options
    Another week, 2 more customer service reps, requested pictures sent to them and cert still not available for display.

PCGS your pathetic excuse for customer service sucks arse!

• Options
    Finally got a reply from PCGS after almost a month now. They said the reason this cert doesn't show is because the coin was reported stolen. I gave them the contact information and date of the dealer that I purchased it from. They said they would try to contact the person who reported it stolen to see if they would release the hold so I can add to my registry set. It's a shame that someone had this stolen from them but I legitimately purchased from a reputable source. Hopefully the original owner was able to recover their funds. There also seems to be a string of certs right after mine that also show not available for display so I doubt this coin was the only one reported stolen. Not sure what will happen.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that it was reported stolen - are you ready to return it if the other guy wants it back?
    - or able to determine your source with receipt? - they may need to trace back everyone who had possession...
  • Options
    Yes, I already provided PCGS with the contact information of where I purchased and I have receipt of the transaction. I would have no problem returning it but of course would expect a refund from the source I purchased from. We are not talking high dollars here, it's only a $50 coin.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, hope it works out for
    you !!! image
    Timbuk3