Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

ebay bucks

i know ebay does the whole multiplier thing at time when you purcase item but do they do the same at times when you spend your bucks? example, if you have 20.00, will they have 2 days where you can multiple that 2x or 3x?

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i know ebay does the whole multiplier thing at time when you purcase item but do they do the same at times when you spend your bucks? example, if you have 20.00, will they have 2 days where you can multiple that 2x or 3x? >>

The bucks you earned are fixed but you will earn future bucks (plus any accelerated bucks depending on promo) for next quarter.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • LampyLampy Posts: 329
    thanks grote!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I haven't received a bucks offer since the new year. Anyone else seen one?
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't received a bucks offer since the new year. Anyone else seen one? >>

Had to go back and check, looks like 12/29 was the last one I received and I've gotten every one mentioned previously.
  • They seem to like running specials right before the deadline
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Seems like 2x at end of first month of quarter, and as you hit month 3, seem to go to 4&5x. At least that's how it's seemed to me the last few quarters...and sprinkle in the occasasional 10% off.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I just used some ebucks and still received ebucks for that purchase.
    Buuut I've never received 2,3 or 4x bucks. I've turned on my "to receive offers".

Any ideas what algorithm they're using? I do get close to the maximum amount quarterly. Ugh. So maybe they don't need to prod me?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any ideas what algorithm they're using? I do get close to the maximum amount quarterly. Ugh. So maybe they don't need to prod me? >>

That's probably the best explanation I've heard yet. My spending is very erratic, so that could explain why I always get them.
  • rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have an issue after activating it that it stops calculating right on the listing? I even tested it. Before activation "you'll earn $1 in ebay bucks", after activating it will go to $4 or whatever and then go back out of the listing and right back in it goes back to $1.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    3x ebay bucks. Also, just noticed ebates cash back on ebay for sports collectibles just doubled to 2% so that's pretty cool

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone have an issue after activating it that it stops calculating right on the listing? I even tested it. Before activation "you'll earn $1 in ebay bucks", after activating it will go to $4 or whatever and then go back out of the listing and right back in it goes back to $1. >>

When this happens to me, logging out and back in always seems to "fix" it. It doesn't seem to like it if you've been "remembered" as logged in for some time.
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>3x ebay bucks. Also, just noticed ebates cash back on ebay for sports collectibles just doubled to 2% so that's pretty cool >>

How does the Ebates purchase work? Do you have to bid while logged onto Ebates? Or do you just have to complete the purchase while going through Ebates?
    Steve
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any ideas what algorithm they're using? I do get close to the maximum amount quarterly. Ugh. So maybe they don't need to prod me? >>

That's probably the best explanation I've heard yet. My spending is very erratic, so that could explain why I always get them. >>

What ever I'm doing works, I don't remember not getting any of them I've heard about on here. I've even let many of them go by without buying anything!

<< <i>How does the Ebates purchase work? Do you have to bid while logged onto Ebates? Or do you just have to complete the purchase while going through Ebates? >>

1) Go to ebates (you need an account and if you have one, you need to be logged in)
    2) Search/find ebay store.
    3) Click on link to Sports mem. cards & fan shop (you'll see 2% commission). This sets your session cookie so it can be tracked by ebates
    4) The click will take you to ebay. You need to make your purchase or winning bid during this session or you won't get credit.

Note: ebates caps out at $50 for the bigger spenders. Mr. Rebates does not, however. One big thing to keep in mind is the past approach of getting an early bid to lock in the ebates commission doesn't work anymore. Snipe bids don't qualify either (for any of the eBay publishers as far as I can tell). You get your rebate from ebates only on BINs or on your *winning* bid (not placed with sniping service).

Hopes this helps. If you purchase on eBay (or shop online) a lot, you can rack up $ on ebates. Every quarter the big fat ebates check comes in the mail. It's pretty sweet.

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thunderdan--Thanks for the info. I can't believe I have been missing out on 1-2% on eBates all this time. I use eBates all the time and it is really nice to get that rebate check in the mail every quarter. The degree of difficulty for using on eBay does go up as I usually snipe auctions. Have you used it for Best Offers? Would you have to leave the window up as you wait for the seller to respond or does the session time out after a while?
    Steve

<< <i>Thunderdan--Thanks for the info. I can't believe I have been missing out on 1-2% on eBates all this time. I use eBates all the time and it is really nice to get that rebate check in the mail every quarter. The degree of difficulty for using on eBay does go up as I usually snipe auctions. Have you used it for Best Offers? Would you have to leave the window up as you wait for the seller to respond or does the session time out after a while? >>

You can use it on best offer assuming you make your best offer after a click from ebates to eBay and assuming the offer gets accepted. If they counter, I would click back to eBay from ebates to accept offer just to be safe.