Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bizarre E-Bay Glitch

segojasegoja Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭✭
I get a message from a seller on E-Bay saying I've heisted his trademarked watermark in 2 of my listings and he is threatening a lawsuit for trademark infringement.

Well, those who know me, know we do not heist anything, ever. I was floored and was..like...he is the other seller FOS. So I pull up the listing and low and behold it has his watermark. I ask myself how that can happen. I have the coin, I took the pics and it has this sellers watermark ( I would never want to use this guys watermark as I do not ever want to be associated with this seller...bad karma).

So I think maybe this seller hi jacked my account and is trying to nail me. I call E-Bay and ask some questions. First rep can't quite figure it out, but I sense that rep thinks something is really wrong. They transfer me to a supervisor. that supervisor informs me that there is an alert # 8014 on this issue. Apparently there is a glitch in the E-Bay system that puts other sellers watermarks on gallery pictures and not to worry. I ask her to send the other seller a note stating such and cc me. She does it and I feel kind of strange.

We relist the item with our pics once again, and they appear to be OK.

Strange but true.
JMSCoins Website Link


Ike Specialist

Finest Toned Ike I've Ever Seen, been looking since 1986

image

Comments

  • Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    image
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭


    << <i>image >>



    Perfect@
    image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."



    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    strange
    sorry ya had to go through that crap there james

    so strange
    one would think ebay would put up an alert on it's main page being they're aware too

    2015
    what a start right

    ya might have ebay send you a confirming email for a hard copy of their being aware of this too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    That is quite a strange glitch.

    Makes me feel safe with them having my info and how they handle mistakes. image
    Ed
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Computers, one day will run everything, a computer is constantly learning and maybe it's starting as an experiment on eBay. Go ahead, call me crazy, but it's going to happen in the next 10 years.
    This song explains what is going to happen. Not to mention it's an incredibly written and played song by top notch musicians. Saw them live years ago and was blown away.

    Lyrics are in "show more"
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A polite note bringing it to your attention would have been more appropriate. What a image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since everything moved into the clouds it seems strange things happen when rains it pours.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I would have responded quite differently.

    Dear sir,
    Since I own the coin (you have never owned this coin) and since I took the pictures, I sense that you have
    hijacked my ebay account for other than good intentions. It makes absolutely no sense for me to steal your
    water mark and use it in my auctions. The reverse is plausible. Remove it now or else I shall be taking it
    up with Ebay.

    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Interesting, and strange. Thanks for letting everyone know.
    www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins since 2003.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file