Quite a beautiful piece. One of the things I like to do is evaluate the toning v. prices realized so I can get a basic (very basic) idea of what my toners are worth and what I may expect to pay if I want to acquire more . . .
I spun through the others at the main site. Many are quite average -- some are not.
I bid on this coin, it was cheap at the time ($550). I suspect in hand the whole lot is much more impressive and vibrant than the images show, it would be nice next time a toner lot comes up if they take a few more images.
I've only won one other coin from GC (great outfit too!) and the coin looked better in hand than the images. I'm thinking everyone will like these coins if they won them.
Another Toner that caught my eye and was under bidder on was the 1917 type 2 NGC MS 66 FH. The Great Collections image was dramatically different than the NGC image, I felt if the coin was somewhere in between it would be very nice.
Comments
I spun through the others at the main site. Many are quite average -- some are not.
Drunner
Mike
Text
Morgan toner
I've only won one other coin from GC (great outfit too!) and the coin looked better in hand than the images. I'm thinking everyone will like these coins if they won them.
10-4,
My Instagram picturesErik
My registry sets
http://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/241712/1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter-Type-2-NGC-MS-66-FH-Toned