Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Unopened Wax & Cello Box Collection Update 2-13-15

I have participated in a number of group BBCE rips over the years but this summer I started collecting full boxes. I thought I'd share what I've picked up so far while also giving me a place to update with new purchases. Thanks to the many guys on the board who have sold me stuff and who've been gracious with their time and knowledge. It's been much appreciated. Pardon the background of my comforter.

Wishing everyone a happy and most importantly, a healthy 2015.

Best,

Scott

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Scott

Happy New Year.

What a great array of unopened!

Tho I have some, it was never my intent to collect - it just happened.

I'm looking forward to see what you add this year. image
    Mike
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Scott. I really like those hockey boxes.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Whoa ! Very impressive.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff! I never get tired of looking at unopened displays.
  • Options
    Nice run! That 88 Topps baseball MAKES IT!!
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.

How are you going to display them? Or into the closet like mine?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    That would be a fun rip. .congrats
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Kind of funny story. I bought 2 hockey wax boxes off ebay from a guy. He sends them in 2 separate mpackages. They arrive and the first one I open has one of the hockey boxes. I open the second and instead of the other hockey box it's an 84 Topps FB box. A really nice one too. He has no idea because he never reached out to me about it so I let him know what happened and that I'll send it back. Then I think I might as we'll see what he wants for it since I already have it shipped to me for free. He comes back with a price and I say no I'll just send it back. He counters with a better offer and one that I'm good with so we make it contingent upon Steve being okay with it. Here's what I ended up with:

As far as how I'm going to display the collection, I'm not sure yet. I'm in the process of trying to buy a new house so hopefully it has a finished basement so that I can display them along with the sets I've completed.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice. Thanks for sharing.

How are you going to display them? Or into the closet like mine? >>

Yup, my unopened is all at the top of my son's closet and on top his bookshelf (where he can't reach themimage). Scott, your FB wax run is terrific. Congrats on the 84 FB non X out box. It is one of the sharpest I have seen!
    Steve
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic collection you have there!
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words fellas, I really appreciate them.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Nice variety there with some tougher to find boxes from the 80's.

What is the football cello box? I believe Topps used that color scheme in 1978, 1981, & 1982.

I look forward to your additions... there aren't nearly as many unopened threads as their used to be on here for some reason.

Snorto~
  • Options
    A few recent additions. The vending is 80, 81, 83 & 84. If anyone has an 82 hit me up via PM. The football cello is 1978 FASC and the baseball racks are 84 & 85 both also FASC.

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's been a brutal winter here in the Northeast.

Best,

Scott
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice collection. I like that 78 football cello box. Did you decide on how you will display the boxes?
    James
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Is BBCE becoming the new PSA? If a wax box is not wrapped it's worth a lot less or it seems to be going that way. .Sorta like a graded card is thought more of than a raw one. I have a few boxes and I don't really want them sealed as I occasionally like to look at the packs and every now and then I will open a few and reseal them! (Just kidding!!) image