Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

January Group Sub - UPDATE 3/16 TALLBOY& REGULAR POPPAGE, waiting for super sized

I'm putting together another group sub this month under special #1:

REGULAR SIZED -This is on!
For cards from 1956 to present.
All Sports and non-sports cards.
Cards must be valued under $100 each.
Turnaround time is approximately 50 business days, but can vary with demand.

Cost will be $6.25 per card for grading and shipping to and from PSA. Return shipping from me to you will be figured out once the sub is done.
I need to have the cards in my hands by Friday, Jan 23. If there are enough cards, I will split into two subs again, with one containing "regular" cards that will probably pop relatively quickly.

TALLBOY -This is on!
For cards from 1956 to present.
All Sports and non-sports cards.
Cards must be valued under $100 each.
Turnaround time is approximately 50 business days, but can vary with demand.

Cost will be $6.25 per card for grading and shipping to and from PSA. Return shipping from me to you will be figured out once the sub is done.
I need to have the cards in my hands by Friday, Jan 23.

There is also a supersized special this month - $12 for cards valued under $250.
Cost will be $14.00* per card for grading and shipping to and from PSA. Return shipping from me to you will be figured out once the sub is done.
*unless we get 25 cards, then it will be $13.00. Right now we have 10 committed.
I need to have the cards in my hands by Friday, Jan 23.

If you are interested, please post or PM me.

Thanks,
Mike

------
stupid print dots

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in for a few.

Shane

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    At least 10 for me Mike. 1956 - Present.

Thanks, Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Pm sent
  • Options
    PM sent

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I can do 10ish.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Hi Mike, I was wondering if you would be willing to do another tall boy sub also this month for post 56 cards. I have about 33 to sub, thanks trapperlad
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Mike,
    I would be in for a few.

Matt
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be in for 10-15.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    Im gonna go through my stuff i might have a few to send in .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options
    I just got my cards back from Mike's November group sub. Professional from beginning to end, with prompt communication at all times. Don't hesitate to use him!

(Also, Mike, I have a few more I'd like to send your way for this one. I'll PM you when I figure out how many.)
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I would be willing to add a tallboy sub as well if we can get to 50 committed. Trapperlad has over 30, so we are most of the way there. Please post or pm if you have some tallboys to sub.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Count me in for some (how many depends on if I get a chance to rip some junk and modern wax between now and the time you need the cards). Thanks for putting this on.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Forgive my ignorance but is this correct? Supersized holder (Over 3-1/2" x 5-1/8") ?
  • Options
    tallboy holders go up to 3 1/2 x 5 1/16. Anything bigger is supersized.

max size for supersized is 5 3/4 x 8 or 4 1/4 x 10.

Supersized can be mixed among the two sizes.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Just want to say thanks to Mike for the last sub that he did. The cards arrived today safely and were packed very well. Thank you again Mike!
  • Options
    We need about 10 more tallboys to reach 50. Anyone else have some they want to send?

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I'm probably good for a few regular size, mike

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I can send 10 Tallboys from the 1969 and 1970 Topps Basketball.

Would these be at the $6.25 level?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Greg,
    If we hit 50 tallboys, they would be at the 6.25 cost (5.50 + .75) plus return shipping.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I have about 8-10 modern that I would like to put through if there's room.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Mike,
    I have 4-5 tallboys that I can send in.

Matt
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Are 1976 Topps Basketball still considered tall boys?

I am building a lot bigger stack than I expected to contribute, as I was bummed to miss out on the sub that was being put together last month.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    76 Topps basketball is a tallboy.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Mike,

How does it work for thicker modern cards? There seems to be a pretty wide ranges of thicknesses even for modern cards. Even some base cards can be pretty thick. I have subbed some patch cards that ended up in thicker holders. What is the size limit for thickness for this sub? Are thick patch cards eligible for group subs? Thanks again for putting this on.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    Steve,
    I called customer service about the thickness question. They told me that as long as the height and width are within the limits, they use customer holders to account for card thickness, and any thickness is allowed on the group sub.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Mike,

Thanks for calling them and finding the answer. So it sounds like as long as the card height and width is standard then the thickness should not be an issue to include in this sub. Last time I subbed pack issued autograph cards in your group sub. So by the sound of it, as long as the value is <$100 then we have the green light to send patch cards, auto cards and patch auto cards as long as they are modern pack issued standard sized cards on this sub. Does this sound correct? Thanks again for spearheading this for the group!
    Steve
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    T3's are EXCLUDED

I have my own sub going of them if anyone wants to jump in

Pm for details
  • Options
    I always thought you had to pay the extra (separate) shipping charge for this service to be mixed in.? Is this not the case for Mike's sub? The extra shipping has always kept me from subbing the ones I have.

Thanks, BTW I saw the new thick card holders on eBay and they look sweet!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    Would they accept a card in a toploader for 1976 Topps Basketball? I don't have any card savers that size and have two or three to submit.
  • Options
    Regular sized is on - we have plenty to hit the minimum, room for a few more.

Tallboy is on - we are close to the minimum if everyone comes through, looking for a few more to be sure.

Supersize is on - no minimum required, but if we get to 25, the return postage drops to $1 per card.

Great opportunity to get some of those large cards graded for player and team sets!

pm me for details, I need the cards in my hands by Friday, Jan 23.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    Can someone explain how you determine the value when you sub a card. The tallboy sub states under $100 and I'm not sure what to value this card. I would like to send it in and have it graded. Does it qualify in raw state or after the sub. I will show a scan and any info would be appreciated.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    That card looks like a '6' from the scan, so that is around a $95 card. Just squeaking in under the value. However, if it '7's, then it is around $170. You can tell better than I can though, cause you have it in hand. Does it look like a '6' or a '7'?
  • Options

<< <i>That card looks like a '6' from the scan, so that is around a $95 card. Just squeaking in under the value. However, if it '7's, then it is around $170. You can tell better than I can though, cause you have it in hand. Does it look like a '6' or a '7'? >>

I don't know what it will grade it could be a 7. What would happen if it did come back a 7? Would I owe more money for the grading or would they reject it and return it ungraded? I don't want to bother sending it in to be graded if it would turn out to be a hassle for me or the op.

Paul
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Any chance of getting together the 25 minimum for a pre-1956 group sub? I have 1 I've been waiting to sub and it doesnt make sense to do it by itself.

Davis
  • Options
    Does anyone know if 1989 LJN Talking Baseball cards are considered tallboys? I don't have it in hand to measure.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if 1989 LJN Talking Baseball cards are considered tallboys? I don't have it in hand to measure. >>

These are 3 1/4 x 5 1/4, which is a tallboy

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    friendly reminder to get things together this week.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Mike,
    I will ship this week.

Matt
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    PM to the OP.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I receive a few cards in the mail, my package will be headed your way.

Shane

• Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    Should have my cards in the mail by Friday .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Here's a couple of old threads that may help answer the declared value question asked earlier.

Thread 1

Thread 2
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Mike,
    I will ship tomorrow by Priority Mail.

Matt
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Has anybody heard from Mike recently? I sent him a PM about the Tall Boy submission and have not heard anything back.
  • Options
    Sorry for not responding to your message from yesterday Bobby, I can't do anything about it until the cards arrive!

Reminder to everyone - no mail tomorrow, get your cards in the post asap if you want to join in!

------
    stupid print dots