Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Fake high dollar sales to Chinese buyers

Anybody experiencing this? In the past week or so I've had two $1000 cards sell to zero feedback bidders from China, obviously with no intention on paying. I'm probably just gonna block all buyers from China which won't hurt me all that much since I sell maybe 5 cards a year to China, if that.

Lee

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    no, But I am US only
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go over there and give them a piece of your mind.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    and do it again in half an hour.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. If it only affects 5 cards of yours then i would block international sales. But certain international countries def spend a ton on cards. Especially basketball cards. More current than vintage.
    So much so that they set the market. That and on game used memorabilia.

If I had some high dollar rare jordans, wade etc jersey, auto or SP cards I def would not rule them out. Maybe low feedback buyers. But I feel you're limiting your profits by blocking entire international zones. Although your correct, it's seller beware.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Yep, sorry about that. Wasn't typing what I was thinking. And my mind had already moved on.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • I have experienced great results with China buyers with lots of feedback with regards to selling modern basketball cards. Iverson, MJ, etc. This is different than zero feedback. But I thought I might toss that out there. the market may still be strong for Chinese with feedback.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I won't block all international sales, I sell too much hockey to Canada. But I think I will exclude China after these last two fake sales. I don't sell enough modern basketball to make it worth it, that is unless Meatloaf wants to firesale all his MJ and Lebron autos to me....
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    一般我只买到假冒的东西,从他们...

Good for you.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I sell too much hockey to Canada. >>

this seems peculiar to me. like giving a big, frothy glass of milk to a dairy cow.

• << <i>I won't block all international sales, I sell too much hockey to Canada. But I think I will exclude China after these last two fake sales. I don't sell enough modern basketball to make it worth it, that is unless Meatloaf wants to firesale all his MJ and Lebron autos to me.... >>

Never to you, only because of your zero feedback rating image
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>I won't block all international sales, I sell too much hockey to Canada. But I think I will exclude China after these last two fake sales. I don't sell enough modern basketball to make it worth it, that is unless Meatloaf wants to firesale all his MJ and Lebron autos to me.... >>

I sell quite a bit of hockey to Europe, is that not the case for you?