Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help convince me please!

I respect a great deal of the opinions of many members of this board. Help convince me that I can fill out a 54 Topps set with ex/mt and ex/mt+ commons. I think I'm just being OCD right now. I have all of the HOF's in PSA 7 with a few 7.5's. I have not started on the commons yet but know that straight 7 will obviously take longer and be more expensive. I have recently finished off a 53 set that ranges from 6-7 and I love it. I've heard many say that having the big cards of a set slightly less than the commons is how they normally do things but what about the other way around? I should just get busy with nice 6-7 commons and fill it out right?

Comments

• totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    I'm not an expert on this set by any means. But I built a 54 Topps set for the Milwaukee Braves and bought most of mine off ebay. You can get 6's for under 10 bucks if your pretty patient, but most are gonna be around 15-20 IIRC. You can even get 7's for about that.

I think if I had the big name cards already, I'd go for the set. Good luck to you on it, it's a beauty!