Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Curious to Know if any CU Forum Members Have Experienced Success Selling Cards on Amazon?

Not sure if the market is strong on amazon or not. Curious to know if anyone is pushing mid to high end sports cards/autos on amazon...any opinions of success? failure? is amazon worth taking the time to explore as a seller?

Meatloaf

Comments

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    I have not. But interesting tid bit....my Uber driver a few weeks back was telling me about his pawn shop and I was curious how much of the stuff he resells online. I asked about ebay and he said he rarely uses ebay and sells most items on amazon. Said he likes it much more, it's easier, gets more traffic, and costs about the same.
  • Options
    I can only speak as a buyer, but I will not shop thru Amazon or Yahoo because I find the prices very high compared to ebay. For example, and this is only one example, I'm in the market for a PSA 10 Leaf Frank Thomas RC. There are 4 on Amazon, the lowest is $119, the highest is $159. You can easily pick one up on ebay for around $80.

Not too long ago, I looked up every post war HOF RC on Amazon and they were all on the expensive side, so I no longer even look. That's only the perspective of one buyer, but I am probably not alone. So it would seem to me to not be a very good place to sell because customers like myself will not shop there. One thing on the plus side though, if your prices are competitive, you may have the best prices on the site.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I agree. I've found prices to be on the highest retail side. I don't even look there if I'm in the hunt for vintage cards. Doesn't even crossly mind anymore.

Davis...how is it easier than eBay and "much more" better? Serious question. Thanks
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Amazon takes 20% while eBay only takes 10%, even less with a top rated discount. That's part of the reason for the higher prices.