Home Sports Talk

4:00 Eastern on the last day of the year is an odd time for a major bowl game

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
......well at least the Fiesta used to be a major.

My home team is playing, but I will probably pick it up on the radio while getting some work done.

Close in the 4th quarter and I'll turn on the TV.

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    As I state in the other thread the Fiesta Bowl will be the national semi-final, and played on the 31st, in two years. VERY strange.

Good luck to the Wild Cats. I am a Pac 12 guy but I really like Boise. I'll be rooting for U of A but won't be totally upset if BSU wins.

Happy new year!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As I state in the other thread the Fiesta Bowl will be the national semi-final, and played on the 31st, in two years. VERY strange.

Good luck to the Wild Cats. I am a Pac 12 guy but I really like Boise. I'll be rooting for U of A but won't be totally upset if BSU wins.

Happy new year! >>

While I really do like the 4 team playoff system, it was great to have 7 strong games on New Years day. Started at about 11:30 AM Eastern and ran until after midnight (could have lived without the hour long Orange Bowl halftime though.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As I state in the other thread the Fiesta Bowl will be the national semi-final, and played on the 31st, in two years. VERY strange.

Happy new year! >>

While I really do like the 4 team playoff system, it was great to have 7 strong games on New Years day. Started at about 11:30 AM Eastern and ran until after midnight (could have lived without the hour long Orange Bowl halftime though. >>

Yup. Agreed.