Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Set Registry Inventory Value question

Hello fellas, hope all is well and Happy New Year. Actually have a few questions about the values given/put on cards in the "my inventory" section in the Set Registry. Where do these prices come from? Are they truely correct and my biggest question is, why don't some of the cards have a value on them at all? I've got several star players that you would think someone has a value on. Thoughts? Thanks guys. Doug

Comments

• These prices are from the SMR price guide. As far as being correct, they seem to be a few months behind IMO, also how strong a card is within a grade makes a big difference. For example, lets take your George Brett RC. A PSA 9 that does not have very good centering (not bad enough for a OC) will not sell close to $975, but a perfectly centered one will go for closer to $1500+. Last November, one went for $3500. I think you will get better or more accurate prices from VCP. One thing to add, if the price changes in the SMR, it will also change in your registry & will appear in a different color for a while. As far as why some do not show a value, I find that there are 2 reasons that could be. 1) The SMR does not show a price for that particular grade, for example: if your Brett was a PSA 6, there would be no value since the 1975's start pricing at PSA 7's. Also there are not SMR values for every set, so if you have a card for a set that is not in the SMR, than of course, there would be no value. 2) this one I do not why, but, sometimes it just doesn't show a value? The card is in the SMR but it is blank on the registry, just as your Aaron is.
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    My master set is valued less than my basic set. Why bother.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • CocoaBeach is dead on, but I wanted to add that you can insert prices wherever one is missing.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks CocoaBeach, great info. Thanks