Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Won my first Probstein auction

I'm hoping the camera is to blame for the light photo/signature. I threw a $96 bid on a Steiner Mo signed ball and won it. Paid instantly. I'm sure I'll be leaving positive feedback after seeing his 200k+ positives. Now I'll have two Mo signed baseballs, which isn't a bad thing

Link

Pete
.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Hoping to pick up my own Steiner Mo soon

link
  • Options
    Ha nice. Just picked up a JD this summer.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm hoping the camera is to blame for the light photo/signature. I threw a $96 bid on a Steiner Mo signed ball and won it. Paid instantly. I'm sure I'll be leaving positive feedback after seeing his 200k+ positives. Now I'll have two Mo signed baseballs, which isn't a bad thing

Link

Pete >>

I'm thinking it's not to blame, look at the quality of the threads pictured just above and below the signature, I think it's pretty faded.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Pete.

Hope it looks good.
    Mike
  • Options
    It appears to me as the photo does likely represent the quality of the signature in this case.

That said, while I'm no fan of Probstein's operation, I believe you'll be able to return the ball without hassle if you're not happy with it.

I hope I'm wrong and the auto is, in fact, better than pictured.

Snorto~
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Wow, great price. Congrats.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Mazel tov!
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options

<< <i>It appears to me as the photo does likely represent the quality of the signature in this case.

That said, while I'm no fan of Probstein's operation, I believe you'll be able to return the ball without hassle if you're not happy with it.

I hope I'm wrong and the auto is, in fact, better than pictured.

Snorto~ >>

+1

I would agree here, mainly because the red seams of the ball are not faded. I hope I'm wrong also but I know Probstein will make it right & hassle free.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Won't be your last.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    It clearly (no pun intended) states that returns are accepted. But I don't know how stringent he is.

The more I look, the more I think the photo is accurate in portraying how light the signature is. Just asking...what would be your reasoning for the return? Say Rick states....the pic clearly shows it faded.

You did get a great price. Congrats. Even if he doesn't accept the return you got a legit sig for a price that accurately reflects the quality of the sig. If not even a better price. It's Mo after all!!
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick up.

Clearly ball is faded. If price went lower than normal that is expected.

Then you need to ask for what I paid am I happy?

Pay more...better ball.

Probstein will definitely take item back. Don't make him ship if you know now

He will cancel a transaction
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    I think I'll keep it. It not a bad thing. I put the bid in thinking it was a bit faded. I'll just keep it displayed next to my other one
  • Options
    The only way I'd return it is if it's faded more than it looks like the picture was brightened a bit. Otherwise it's a nice add to my collection and I'd be happy with it.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'll be pretty decent... definitely looks like the lighting is contributing to the faded look of the ink.