Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PD Qualifier

PD (Print Defect):
Cards with significant printing defects will be designated "PD."

Okay but what if the card has none? Any chance it's a label err?

Comments

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    I would crack and re.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Let me tell you this story and let you decide, someone from PSA told me on the phone that this was not possible?

Back about 8 years ago, I made a submission of maybe 10 cards. In this sub, there was a 1972 Plunkett RC with what appeared to be an ink blotch. It was very noticeable, I'm really not sure why I submitted it, maybe to reach a minimum? Also in this sub, was a 1974 #1 Abdul Jabbar, very nice looking. Than there was another 8 cards or so. When I got them back, to my delight, the Plunkett was a PSA 8 with no qualifiers! But not to my delight, the Jabbar was a PSA 8 PD. I looked everywhere, showed it to other people, nobody could find anything that would resemble a print defect at all. There is no way anybody will ever convince me that the 2 were not in some way mixed up and had the others grade. So you asked if there can be a label error? I certainly so "yes".
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OF course there's a chance. PSA makes label errors all the time. It happens.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Post scan please.

Maybe it has print snow which can be very subtle on some issues.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I have it for sale and did not want to add the link then be accused of spam so I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics. It's not working on my iPhone. Bare with me please.
  • Options

<< <i>I have it for sale and did not want to add the link then be accused of spam so I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics. It's not working on my iPhone. Bare with me please. >>

Why would you sell it as is if you think it's a mistake they made? Why not just crack out and try again?

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    Why would you sell it as is if you think it's a mistake they made? Why not just crack out and try again?

THIS