Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Grading question...

I have some cards I want to grade that I think would get PSA 10, (perfect centering, sharp corners, etc.). Only question is that they are curved, i.e. when the cards are sitting on a flat surface, they arch about a half inch high. There isn't any warping or rippling on the picture, they just have a curve to them (like playing cards shuffled too much). Will PSA lower the grade for the curve? They are flat inside the card saver and still don't show any defects, just when you slide them out they are curved. They are flat once encapsulated so I'm just asking if it will lower the grade.

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have some cards I want to grade that I think would get PSA 10, (perfect centering, sharp corners, etc.). Only question is that they are curved, i.e. when the cards are sitting on a flat surface, they arch about a half inch high. There isn't any warping or rippling on the picture, they just have a curve to them (like playing cards shuffled too much). Will PSA lower the grade for the curve? They are flat inside the card saver and still don't show any defects, just when you slide them out they are curved. They are flat once encapsulated so I'm just asking if it will lower the grade. >>

No, PSA won't downgrade for that. That's a typical vending curve. Just make sure there are no wrinkles visible on the surface, even light ones only visible in bright light. If you've never submitted to PSA before and these aren't modern cards, I'd lower my expectations. Even cards that appear perfect often don't get graded as 10s...particularly if they are pre-1980.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, Mr. President! image