Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does a crossover at Current preclude Designations?

Sent one in to cross at Current grade of 68.

If it's a CAM would they designate as such?

I got it in my head long ago that I could tell if it was or wasn't CAM until I sent one in that I thought was a 68 no cam, and it came back 67CAM.

I then cracked it out and sent it in again and it came back 68 (no CAM). The timeframe was 1 month.

Comments

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Should this be in the dumb question thread, or does nobody know the answer?
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    If the coin is a 68 and CAM, it will be designated as such. You could send the 68 back in and ask for designation review.

• Options

<< <i>If the coin is a 68 and CAM, it will be designated as such. You could send the 68 back in and ask for designation review. >>

Well, I'll admit as much, already sent that one back in for reconsideration and it came back unchanged. I gave up on that one.

The current question is I sent in a coin for crossover, it is currently graded by NGC as a proof 68.

If it crosses as a 68 and is a CAM in their opinion would they designate as such, or no because crossing at current does not include the designator...
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you check the form? Crossover at Grade? Crossover at ANY grade? I know your experience with proof Quarters and our Host and as we BOTH know a Cameo Today maybe not Tomorrow.

I would think if you checked the box for crossover at any grade it could come back a Cameo 68 but it could also come back as a 66, But if you checked the box for crossover AT Grade than no cameo for you. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Thanks Tom.

Yes I sent it in for crossover and as it says on the form indicated "Current" requesting a cross only at the current grade of PR68.

It's an Express so I figure will no probably sometime next year image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How did you check the form? Crossover at Grade? Crossover at ANY grade? I know your experience with proof Quarters and our Host and as we BOTH know a Cameo Today maybe not Tomorrow.

I would think if you checked the box for crossover at any grade it could come back a Cameo 68 but it could also come back as a 66, But if you checked the box for crossover AT Grade than no cameo for you. Enjoy image >>

I do not think that's a true statement. I've sent in crossovers before and indicated current and have had upgrades. Cross at current simply means cross at current or better and not lower.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file