Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

plz name some treasure or silver pieces that have been found?

looking to buy my first treasure piece, looking for silver in particular. i really dont care about the find, the year, or if its from a lost ship or pirates. i dont mind if its even regular currency they used and made. just please name some pieces that are worth looking for in silver please! thank you!

i am just looking to add a nice silver treasure coin or pirate currency to my collection of coins. thanks!
-------------------------------------

im new to collecting still, but now im sitting on certain pieces that i only dreamed of before. quality over quanity for sure!

Comments

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    El Cazador
    Atocha
    Vliegenthart
    1715 Fleet
    1733 Spanish Plate Fleet
    Reijgersdaal
    Rooswijk
    Sao Jose
    SS Central America
    SS Republic
    Concepcion

That should get you started.

We've got a few of these on our website at the moment.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    8 Reale pieces from the El Cazador are quite common. The history of this ship's sinking is quite interesting as I understand it. The King of Spain ordered this money from Mexico to pay off some debts to France, but the ship sank off the coast of Louisiana. When the debt was called in, Spain offered what was to be called the "the Louisiana Purchase". France accepted but needed cash to pay off debts caused by Napoleon's adventures. President Jefferson bought it from France, and, as they say, "the rest is history."
    Paul