Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seeking opinions on a remaindered BBCE FASC box

If a box is remaindered (black mark across box) it was sent back, right? If it was sent back then it couldn't have been a sealed case, right?

Just curious as I'm considering buying a remaindered box with the FASC designation.

Seeking opinions on how fellow collectors feel about this and hoping popcorn girl doesn't make an appearance.

Love BBCE and the crew there has always been good to me.

Patrick

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I think you're exactly spot on. Although I remember a veteran on here saying it could have an x out. Didn't really follow on that one.

To me fasc means right out of the middle of a sealed box. No change of hands or replaced.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    The X-out boxes designate that the box was returned by the original retailer back to Topps. The box was then marked by Topps and then repackaged into cases and sold as final sale (that is what the X-out is for). So the X-out can be FASC as those boxes were repackaged into cases. Hope that makes sense.
    Steve
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The X-out boxes designate that the box was returned by the original retailer back to Topps. The box was then marked by Topps and then repackaged into cases and sold as final sale (that is what the X-out is for). So the X-out can be FASC as those boxes were repackaged into cases. Hope that makes sense. >>

This is correct. However, to a purist, the X-out box FASC is not the same as a box taken from a case that was 100% never opened from the factory during the year of issue. Obviously, if the lids were marked with an X, the original case was opened, and though some full cases were in fact returned intact to Topps by the retailer, others may consist of unsold packs taken from different boxes to refill a box before sending it back to Topps.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    This is correct. However, to a purist, the X-out box FASC is not the same as a box taken from a case that was 100% never opened from the factory during the year of issue. Obviously, if the lids were marked with an X, the original case was opened, and though some full cases were in fact returned intact to Topps by the retailer, others may consist of unsold packs taken from different boxes to refill a box before sending it back to Topps. >>

This pretty much sums it up. A sealed case from Topps that has Xed out boxes could have been made up of boxes and/or packs from several cases or even several stores. There is no way of knowing.
    James
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Interesting how vending boxes won't get graded unless they are truly FASC yet X-Out boxes can receive the FASC designation even though they are essentially made of repackaged product and then put into a sealed case (of repackaged product).

Somehow, that FASC designation doesn't seem so sweet.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Time for a FAOFSC (from an original factory sealed case) designation? image