Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What are Vince Lombardi's Super Bowl rings worth ?

I have no clue, but I'm watching the Green Bay - Detroit game and they show Lombardi's grandson coaching the Lions, and they say that the family still has the rings.

Anyone have any idea what the Super Bowl I ring would bring at auction ?

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have no clue, but I'm watching the Green Bay - Detroit game and they show Lombardi's grandson coaching the Lions, and they say that the family still has the rings.

Anyone have any idea what the Super Bowl I ring would bring at auction ? >>

Absolutely no idea but I bet a lot and it'd sell to an NFL owner or player. Maybe the HOF?

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Lawrence Taylor's ring sold for $230,000, so I would think Lombardi's ring from SB I would be ~$1 mil. Who knows though...even $3 mil wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Green bay fans are rabid so could get up there quick. I recall reggie whites helmet went for a premium but not as high as expected. I would say high six figures for the ring.

Although I also know some corporations are putting together a run of superbowl rings. So if you got two of them in a bidding war. Especially ones based in Wisconsin. Then maybe now into seven figures.

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    A better question might be, are there any Super Bowl rings that would sell for more than those? Maybe Namaths just because of the NY money and the legend of that game? I would agree with around a million each on the Lombardi rings, but if one outsold the ruth jersey and became the highest price for a sports item it would not surprise me at all.
  • Options
    Too bad you will not see anymore of those rings in SF with Crappernick as your QB...recommend sell, sell, sell on his cards.