Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Russell Wilson Collection Thread (scan heavy) update with last two subs on last page

I Really enjoyed the thread slum22 posted on Andrew Luck it's just a great collection. I've been working on my Russell (my favorite modern player) collection for a couple years now, most of my cards are self subbed from raw eBay purchases. I also have a good group of newer cards of his that I need to send in and add to my master set. My next move is to try and finish my Platinum refractor run and start on the 2012 Chrome card refractor run. His cards like Luck's are just really expensive so it will be slow going. One of the Score passing rookies is a glossy they just forgot to label it, the one Topps vault card is a 1/1 blank back proof. Well here we go, I hope to add to this thread in the future.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim

Comments

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great collection! I absolutely love the archives box bottom card, so cool.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

• << <i>Great collection! I absolutely love the archives box bottom card, so cool. >>

I agree cool card!

Tim
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Great cards. I'll be at the game tomorrow. Hope he throws for a few TD's, I think he will. Doug
  • He has been hot lately, he just shredded AZ D last week!

Have fun at the game!

Tim
  • This guy's my keeper QB in my fantasy football league, great young player and a winner. Sweet collection! Which one is the Topps Vault item? I couldn't tell.
  • 2nd to bottom on the left

Tim
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great collection! I absolutely love the archives box bottom card, so cool. >>

That box bottom is great. Do you have any of his baseball cards. do you think the baseball card are collectable?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

• << <i>

<< <i>Great collection! I absolutely love the archives box bottom card, so cool. >>

That box bottom is great. Do you have any of his baseball cards. do you think the baseball card are collectable? >>

all of his baseball cards are hot sellers I only have his base 2010 pro debut card

Tim
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Tim,

This is an awesome collection. I am from the SF Bay Area, so as a 49er fan it is tough for me to start a collection for Russell Wilson. Watching him play, it is hard not to appreciate him. He is a superb player and like Luck, appears to be a very solid citizen off the field. I always temper this by saying we don't really know any of these guys, but these two guys look like the real deal on and off the field. Of course I love the Chrome Retro refractor run. Like a couple others have said, that Topps Archives Box Bottom is sweet. I think it is cool that you submitted many of your cards. I will likely start to do some more self submitting myself for some of my modern player collections. I look forward to seeing more of your additions in the future. Do you plan on getting any autograph cards of Wilson?

BTW I like that there is a wealth of information (and occasional entertainment) on these boards. But, this is my favorite kind of thread. I love seeing what other guys collect. I even click on the stuff I don't collect as I still find different parts of the hobby interesting. I have actually been inspired to start new parts of my collection by looking at other collections on here in the past. Thanks for sharing!
    Steve
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Cool cards.

So who do the people in Seattle view as the greatest seahawk? Largent, russell, Shawn Alexander, lynch?
    I've met some great fans from Seattle. Great fan base.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
    I am not a Seahawks fan, but my guess would be Largent. If Wilson wins another Super Bowl or Bowls and continues his current play for a decade then I can see him overtaking Largent someday. Alexander probably had the greatest run of seasons, but his peak was too short. Largent was (and probably still is) wildly popular to Seahawks fans. Interested to hear what Seahawks fans have to say.
    Steve
  • Turkey red looks the best to me for eye appeal
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW I like that there is a wealth of information (and occasional entertainment) on these boards. But, this is my favorite kind of thread. I love seeing what other guys collect. I even click on the stuff I don't collect as I still find different parts of the hobby interesting. I have actually been inspired to start new parts of my collection by looking at other collections on here in the past. Thanks for sharing! >>

I could not agree with this statement more.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Hey Steve,

On the question about collecting his auto cards I'm torn only because I just don't like the look of his autograph. That said I realize guys like him are asked to sign a billion items and it saves time (give me a Frank Robinson auto anyday). I'll bite on a few down the road I suppose.

On he mini Turkey Red that is a cool card and tough to find I think mini's were only one per box. That was a raw eBay find (haven't seen one since) I was hoping for a 10 on that one but it has a little white on one of the corners. I'm thinking the 2012 mini turkey red set might be the next modern set I collect after I finish my two Valor sets. The regular set wouldn't be that tough to build, the mini set would be a challenge.

Also agree with Steve on his post about how much we all learn from each other. When I started collecting a few years ago I didn't know anything, I was fifteen when I stopped collecting. Now look at me now I'm a grown man and collect cards like when I was fifteen lol.

Tim
    So which is considered his rookie card?
  • I think the topps chrome is the most collected. I would go with the regular refractor if you wanted a Wilson rookie.

Tim
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Really nice run of cards! I'll "pile on" and say that box bottom card is very nice. I love those Topps Archive cards.

• << <i>

<< <i>BTW I like that there is a wealth of information (and occasional entertainment) on these boards. But, this is my favorite kind of thread. I love seeing what other guys collect. I even click on the stuff I don't collect as I still find different parts of the hobby interesting. I have actually been inspired to start new parts of my collection by looking at other collections on here in the past. Thanks for sharing! >>

I could not agree with this statement more. >>

Me too.
  • My guess is that Largent is 'Hawks' fans #1. I think the rest of your list is decent, but don't forget Cortez Kennedy
  • Yet another amazing thread!

the more of these i see, the more i am really warming up to modern's in PSA slabs
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
    The Boz!! Ha. Decent 30 for 30 on espn as most are. Davekrieg, zorn, hasselback...all serviceable qbs. Oh and Moon. And Mirer from ND hung around for awhile. And I can picture Franco Harris in that uni for his last year.
    Yes, def Cortez Kennedy.

Ok so topps chrome regular refractor for his regular. Thanks.
    which of all of his rookies is the most expensive? Thousands of dollars? I'm just not up to date on the newer cards.
  • nice cards Russell Wilson seems to always get the job done
    jesse6131414
  • Well with modern sub in hand I wanted to update my Russell Wilson thread. All these cards are raw buys off eBay except for the red zone rookies. I had a blast hunting all these down.

First up Topps Chrome I made a point to buy a bunch of raw copies, this is the best of the group. The mini tall boy refractor I think is and upgrade over the one in my first post.

Next is just a pristine Finest refractor I picked up raw from Probinstein (spelling?). And a sweet looking mini raw for $2.75 I just love the mini cards.

The next to cards are cool, I need to hunt down another Metal that would grade Gem, but this will work for now.

Tim
    Tim,

Those are some sweet Russell Wilson cards. I love that you find gems on eBay that you submit for your collection. After seeing your initial post, I have followed suit and started buying more raw cards off of eBay for my player collections in hopes of snagging some 10's. I have some Anthony Davis and Andrew Luck cards there as we speak. Got my fingers crossed for a some 10's like yours. I like all of them especially the tall boy and the Mini (I am a sucker for due cuts, retro style and mini cards).
    Steve
  • I love this thread, so keep 'em coming. You should also start a Largent thread.
  • Thanks Steve, there were a bunch of cards I missed on with this sub though. I'll be keeping all my Wilsons for my PC, but with what his cards cost raw and grading fees I could maybe break even on all the misses. I wish you luck on your modern sub, I'd like to see some scans on how you did. When you get them in hand.

Tim

• << <i>I love this thread, so keep 'em coming. You should also start a Largent thread. >>

Thanks Dan, I only have a few cards worth scanning now. PM me your address I found that panini card for you.

Tim
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    You really do have great cards there. I like the metal Wisconsin card and the '65 insert. Awesome! Doug
  • Here are a few Russell Wilson cards from my last two subs. Also some raw cards that won't be sent in. First are two are 2012 Topps Valor Glory numbered to 50, these cards are tough to track down and I hope to add a few more down the road. The next card is a very tough Game Time Giveaway di cut card that almost never comes up for sale. I finally landed a full sized Turkey Red and added a couple retro cards 59 mini and 84 chrome rookie. All these were raw ebay buys. One card I really need to track down is the 2012 Magic Black mini to finish the Magic mini run. Then maybe the 2013 Magic mini's will be next.

Tim
    Tim,

Love this thread. Those are some great additions. I love minis! Topps Chrome is my favorite set. The Turkey Reds are tough to find and very condition sensitive with the colored borders. Keep them coming!
    Steve
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, Tim. That die cut is a really nice-looking card.