Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A couple questions....

I started my Kellogg's set on the registry today. I started with 2 cards (Seaver error and Rose). How long will it take for the set to be up? I realize it takes PSA a little bit to get it up, I was just wondering how long it takes. I'm not in a hurry. I'll post a link when it gets posted.

Also, two that I purchased are a little different from other PSA graded cards that I've purchased in the past. Instead of a hologram and PSA printed on the outside of the slab in white, there is no hologram and PSA is written in silver on the grading label within the slab. What's that all about? Is someone copying and slabbing PSA's logo? Or have they changed labels recently? Etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working on 1976 Kellogg's, PSA 9 or 10. Feel free to send mail to My Email with any offers on 76 Kellogg's. Go Washington Redskins, Go Oakland A's!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It takes 1-3 days for your set to show up. Best wishes on your set building!
  • Options
    JHJH Posts: 111
    It normally takes 1-3 days for your updates to show. PSA did change their slabs within the last couple of years, I'm sure the ones you are seeing as "different" are just the previous type of slab.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. This board is a great help.
    Working on 1976 Kellogg's, PSA 9 or 10. Feel free to send mail to My Email with any offers on 76 Kellogg's. Go Washington Redskins, Go Oakland A's!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cards - I must say, it is refreshing to see someone so enthusiastic about the cards they collect, rather than some of the stuff that goes on around here.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    Thank you Pinhigh,

I think the set registry board is kind of the oasis in a vast wasteland of boards. There's not too much junk going on over here, which I appreciate.

Another question for someone: The labels that I aforementioned do not go back to the Rocchi/Baker era, do they? If so, do you think they might be overgraded? They came from an authorized PSA dealer.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Post a scan or a link so we can see what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't have a scanner and I'm at work. I didn't say I think that they're overgraded by no means. Like I say this is my first 2 cards, and I have no idea what constitutes a 8,9, or 10 in this set. I just wondered whether or not the labels changed when Rocchi/Baker left. Will the Cert. #'s do you any good? I can post them if you'd like. The Seaver is #11285811, and the Rose is #11285816.
  • Options
    Cardsg12

Those are the new/current holders. They made a change a while ago, and there is some see through lens, security device (decoder) that is available from PSA that authenticates the holder.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Cool, So in other words the other holders I've got are the old ones. I see. Thanks Z, you never cease to amaze me. Hey that rhymes.