Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPs: Persian and Roman Provincial

Two more additions to the set. The strong Greek (Seleucid) influence in the Roman Provincial Tetradrachm design is evident. I liked the crisp look to it. Tried my luck with my new iPhone camera capturing the Achaemenid Siglos without much success. From auctions I have looked at, these generally don't come nice. Will try imaging again and post.

ROMAN PROVINCIAL. SYRIA UNDER ROME. Antioch. Aulus Gabinius, as Proconsul (57-55 BC). AR Tetradrachm. 25mm, 15.16gr. Obv: In the name and types of Philip I Philadelphus. Diademed head right Rev: Zeus seated left on throne, holding scepter and palladion; 'Gabinius' monogram in left field; all within wreath. RPC 4124; McAlee 1; Prieur 1. NGC AU* 5/5, 5/5.

PERSIA. Achaemenid Empire, c. 485-420 BC, coined in the time of Darios I to Xerxes II. AR Siglos, 15mm, 5.51gr. Obv: Persian king knelling-running right, holding bow, quiver and spear, reverse. Rev: Incuse punch. BMC pl. XXV n. 17; Carradice Type IIIb A/B (pl. XII). NGC XF* 5/5, 5/5.

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins. Got funds left for NYINC?

As for the siglos image, you just need more light - right?

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will have far less firepower at this show than prior unless I offload the dupes I am bringing with. I will watch you buy and that will be as much fun. I am not kidding.

The Siglos is very small and I couldn't stabilize the phone/camera/hand. I also used a simple desk lamp definitely need more light.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will have far less firepower at this show than prior unless I offload the dupes I am bringing with. I will watch you buy and that will be as much fun. I am not kidding. >>

The more pain I feel, the more pleasure you feel. There's a word for that. Hmmm, I wonder what is that word! image

<< <i>The Siglos is very small and I couldn't stabilize the phone/camera/hand. I also used a simple desk lamp definitely need more light. >>

I'll send you a pic in the morning of what I do with my sceattas.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Beautiful coins image
    That is very nice for a siglos
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    Having a terrible morning - can not find the Siglos. Combed the entire place. Man!
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate when that happens. Hope we hear better news later today.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice examples, thats the look I'd aim for.
  • Options
    Unbelievable. My 2 year old daughter hid the Siglos. Cost me some agony for the first part of the day.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was thinking about that, but kept thinking about those innocent peepers.
    Whenever one of my cats starts eyeing a coin, I start singing, 1 877 CATS for Kids, C-A-T-S, Cats for Kids, Donate your cat, today.
    Keeps them in line.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pieces.